Forum Notifications are breaking or broken.

I don't get a lot of the ones I should but I do get more and more ones I should not.

Does anyone know what the forum change was supposed to FIX?

Perhaps people were getting too much help? If so then problem solved when they don't get replies.

Why is my location no longer showing on my posts? Why does my profile show two different levels of Karma? Why can I still not get into the forum from IE?

Henry_Best: Why can I still not get into the forum from IE?

Basically because the forum rewrite is a bad piece of coding, plain and simple.

Pedro147: Basically because the forum rewrite is a bad piece of coding, plain and simple.

That would also explain why my profile give a local time that's 7 hours out. Currently, I'm on GMT but the local time is shown as +7:00 ???

Yes Henry_Best I cannot remember the last time I had a post notification email. For B.Jesus sake, there are hundreds of these type forums around whose email notification systems work flawlessly. You wouldn't pay these Arduino Forum webdev guys unless you had to.

I get emails about PM's generally hours after I read them. Better nothing at all. I need to change my profile.

The SMF designers themselves recommend this beta version of the software not be used on a production website.

From http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=277353.0

[quote author=Nick Gammon date=1415302662 link=msg=1951130]
Other forums seem to do code much better. [/quote]

You hit the nail on the head there Nick