Forum Upgrade

So where's all the doom & gloom posts over the forum upgrade on Monday and how the world will come to an end?

CrossRoads: So where's all the doom & gloom posts over the forum upgrade on Monday and how the world will come to an end?

You mean that Harold Camping was a member of this forum!!!

Hi.

Forum upgrade almost as awesome as the earths magnetic poles gunna swap north for south and south for north in the next 100 years.

The chooks will stop laying, the curtains will fade.. oooopps thats daylight saving isn't it.

Tom.... :)

Hey! I just noticed the forum has got its own tab, and is no longer under "support"

Maybe there's been no uproar because (AFAIK) there's been nothing said about this upgrade so I assume this is just a software upgrade to an newer version, as such there's nothing to whinge about unless there's a cock up.

Unlike last time when we had new software and everyone was worried they'd lose their post count etc.

Rob

Forum - under it’s tab, yes, that is a change.
Also I can log in under IE11 at home, that wasn’t working quite recently.

Unlike last time when we had new software and everyone was worried they’d lose their post count etc.

Loose post count!!! NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Also I can log in under IE11 at home, that wasn’t working quite recently.

Is that the VINDOWS program I keep getting very helpfull call centre phonecalls about?

Tom… :slight_smile:

Hmm, if I'm logged in under Chrome and then open IE11, I can use the forum. If not and I try to log in fresh, IE11 does not work. Rats.

Hi CrossRaods, good morning, 9:30 am, 19DegC and heading for 29DegC. Going to be a warm spring day.

I had problems with chrome and yahoo mail for a few days, had to delete chrome and do a full installation to fix it.

Have a good weekend mate.

Tom..... :)

Heat already gets to your head, Tom ?

CrossRoads describes a IE problem that disappears when logged in using Chrome, not a Chrome problem.

We're expecting to have the last 20+ degC day this fall in the Netherlands. Enjoy the warm weather and have a good weekend over there.

Hi, MAS, just pointing out that eyeEEEEEoneone is not the only browser having the odd problem.

Going to be a beautiful day, good to sit back and watch the gp bikes this afternoon on the TV. Open the windows and air the house out, lucky not quite flying bugs season yet. (Already did our washing yesterday, so much better natural air dried clothes)

Tom.... :)

Logging into IE11 works fine here. Jumping around the website and back works fine now.

However I can re-create the login problem if I open another window and log in/out. The only way I get it working again is to delete IE's confused cookies.

Chrome ... works great - multiple windows / tabs / forum sessions.

Waah waaaah. Speaking of loosing post counts... I did. About 40, give or take. Also lost a star, whatever those things mean. How come upgrades never add posts? Sounds like banking software. You know, where the only way to round is... Down.

I don't know about you but when I look at a section of the forum like programming questions, I'd like to see more than 5 entries per page while half the screen space is wasted. But at least the fonts don't look eroded so that's a +1.

GoForSmoke: I don't know about you but when I look at a section of the forum like programming questions, I'd like to see more than 5 entries per page while half the screen space is wasted. But at least the fonts don't look eroded so that's a +1.

But the font is now smaller and, therefore, harder to read, especially in the preview. BTW, is my IP address visible to everyone?

Your IP shows to me as logged so I clicked it and found out that I can see mine (I do) and so can moderators but no one else can. I did not find your IP addy but I do see mine which I wonder if that's secure info or maybe doesn't matter but why do I need to see mine? Why do moderators? There is also posts now going in reverse order. I don't mind when problems are fixed but this rearrange and reformat shiz was old the first time.

1) Post order is fixed. 2) The edit window is now slow cursor. I'm sure there's a reason but it makes editing harder. 3) The Code Tags button, how to tell a new person simply which to click? More harder, not better.

For something like art deco I get more empty space and LESS function. This is a big step wrong.

It is things like this that make me wonder if maybe some day False will be 4 and True will be 7 "just because".

BTW, is my IP address visible to everyone?

Can you see others IP ? as I am moderator I see them all (I guess)

Every time I log in pops out a message that says that I have some messages to read, but my inbox is empty!

Where you quoted, Rob, I see html font tags as well as the quote. It looks like crud.

Every time I log on I get a 3 new PM’s message yet ALL my PM’s are gone.

A little maintenance, they said. A major booya, we got.