Free Long Range Wireless Internet for Arduinos

My team and I are launching a TV White Space network that operates from San Francisco to Silicon Valley. Our goal is to bring internet connectivity to all of your devices. We’re starting by selling small devices that are initially compatible with the Arduino and for later, the Raspberry Pi. We plan on giving developers and hardware enthusiasts 10 free licenses to use our network to develop killer wireless applications.

We can get speeds of up to 16 Mbps. Would love to get your feedback on this type of thing? Let me know what you would like to see in our kit.

We breathe the internet into your devices. San Francisco and Silicon Valley coming soon within the next few days and more to follow.
http://smore.com/wq2c <there’s a link to our project>

A dedicated network for the internet of things.. Interesting.. Definitely need more information

My team and I are working on using the recently opened TV White Space unlicensed spectrum to provide internet access for low data rate devices. (Wireless sensor networks, smart grid, Machine to Machine, industrial automation, home automation, etc.....) Given that it is low frequency, it means our data can go through walls. For wireless sensor applications deep within buildings, our network might provide viable telemetry. LevelRF's network is the infrastructure of the internet of things.

Here's two links to give you a better idea of LevelRF:

http://bit.ly/MClR9n

We're blanketing the SF Bay Area and Silicon Valley with low speed long range internet connectivity and selling proprietary small "dongles" or Arduino shields for $90 to $180 that will allow for hardware enthusiasts to give their devices internet connectivity using this LevelRF network.

Interested parties can sign up for updates at levelrf.com

We’re blanketing the SF Bay Area and Silicon Valley with low speed long range internet connectivity and selling proprietary small “dongles” or Arduino shields for $90 to $180 that will allow for hardware enthusiasts to give their devices internet connectivity using this LevelRF network.

Sounds like a desirable function, but is it FCC part 15 compliant? Your links don’t have any specifications like power level, frequency used, modulation method, etc. I understand what proprietary means, but surly some or even any technical specifications would be useful when addressing arduino users?

Lefty

The modulation is FSK, it operates on available TV White Space Frequencies, between 400 and 600 Mhz depending on the region, and it is not currently FCC Part 15 compliant, but will be in the coming months.

Are there any expansion plans in terms of coverage in the works, such as the Sacramento area? :wink:

It is definitely a function of what the TV White Space availability is in your area. If it's available and we see more
demand, we will launch a network in that area.

The link here lets you type in your location and show how many channels are open:
http://bit.ly/NRbi3a

Sacramento has 3 channels open. In any case, if you sign up via levelrf.com we'll be able to see who signs up from where and it'll add some "density" to the Sacramento demand node.

Will this ever reach out of Cali? Will other parties donate efforts to make this reach across the country?

Any updates on this?