FreeBSD - Arduino IDE v1.0.6 - CoreDump when uploading...

Hi All,

I am running the version 1.0.6 of the Arduino IDE on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE.

The IDE starts OK, and can compile, but when I upload a sketch, it results in a OpenJDK v1.7 core dump:

(gdb) backtrace
#0 0x281bbd33 in nanosleep () from /lib/libc.so.7
#1 0x281bb832 in usleep () from /lib/libc.so.7
#2 0x2809267f in usleep () from /lib/libthr.so.3
#3 0x3fbd8010 in drain_loop (arg=0xbf550a38) at /usr/ports/comms/rxtx/work/rxtx-2.2pre2/./src/SerialImp.c:1296

Using avr-dude is fine standalone, and works well. I am using RXTX2.2-pre2_2 from qbang.com via the FreeBSD ports system.

I have tried using the RXTXcomm.jar and librxtxSerial.so from the IDE installer and the port, both version result in a core dump.

Any body have any ideas how to investigate, things to try, or ways to solve it please?

Is anybody else sucessfully using the Arduino IDE in FreeBSD latest to upload sketches?

Thanks in advance,

James

Bump: Anybody?

Hi All,

Right, this problem has driven me to resolving this my self, out of pure fustration!

Over the past few weeks, and have found a number of issues, of which I have resolved. These were mostly with RXTX's implementation on FreeBSD, and a few minor issues with the way the Arduino IDE is wrapped.

The solutions found have been submitted to the FreeBSD Ports Problem Report system (as the fixes are specific to FreeBSD), and am waiting for them to progressed, hopefully, into the main stream Ports tree. (Now out of my hands to a degree)

See here for more information:

Happy to share or assist with arduino IDE on FreeBSD, just drop me a line.

I hope this helps others in the FreeBSD / Arduino community!

Kr,

James