Frequency for an LED display

I have an 7in display that I'm trying to use. I am using a serializer to make the display show a certain color pending on what input are high. The serializer that I am using is the SN75LVDS83B. I am trying to give CLKIN (pin 31) 36Mhz. I am not sure I can achieve that goal. Should I use the Fan4113, a crystal, or just plainly use F= 1/[(2pi)(sqrt(LC))]. I guess my question is what item should i use to achieve a 36 MHZ?

I have an 7in display that I'm trying to use. I am using a serializer to make the display show a certain color pending on what input are high. The serializer that I am using is the SN75LVDS83B. I am trying to give CLKIN (pin 31) 36Mhz. I am not sure I can achieve that goal. Should I use the Fan4113, a crystal, or just plainly use F= 1/[(2pi)(sqrt(LC))]. I guess my question is what item should i use to achieve a 36 MHZ?

To achieve a 36MHZ what?

I do not think it is possible to use an arduino with this project.
What resolution do you want to achieve with the arduino’s 2K of memory?

I would say the arduino is not fast enough nor has enough memory, unless you are talking about a Due.

You can’t use a free running oscillator it will not be stable enough.

Clock frequency.

I am speaking in terms of clock frequency.

Yeah I am not using an Arduino for this project. So I am sort of off subject. But trying ot get pointed in the right direction to get an 36MHz clock frequency.

I am not using an Arduino for this project.

So asking on an arduino forum is not the brightest of ideas. It might have been better stating that from the start before I wasted my time downloading the data sheet and reading it.

But trying ot get pointed in the right direction to get an 36MHz clock frequency.

So you need to run a clock synchronous with the data, it looks like a timer on a processor or a crystal is the only way.

I think you'll need an external oscillator for that

5V outputs are available too

Yeah true it may not have been the brightest ideal, but I knew it was a simple question. This is the only forum that I registed too. A lot of bright minds on this site, so I gave it a try. You gave me a path to take, so my not so bright ideal worked out after all. Thanks.

Thanks Crossroads!

I would use something like this http://uk.farnell.com/txc/7w-36-000mbb-t/osc-36-000mhz-3-3v-smd-7-0x5-0/dp/1842131RL.

Please do not cross-post. This wastes time and resources as people attempt to answer your question on multiple threads.

Threads merged.

If you need a 36Mhz clock, get a 36Mhz oscillator.

A word of caution: you may want to calculate the current required to drive a led at 36Mhz - I am reasonably sure that unless it is some kind of puny led, a driver like that does not exist.

Nor should it exist.

It's not an LED. The SN75LVDS83B is an LVDS LCD panel driver.

The only thing crazier than driving leds at 36Mhz is to drive lcds at 36Mhz.

Actually the part that "Shouldn't exist"... does exist and it is called an LED Driver. A laser diode driver for optical communication via a fiber optic "cable", although 36 MHz is slow for that service but available "Off the Shelf" and at 36 MHz readily and inexpensively available from several different Mfr's.... Driving LCD at 36 MHz is possible but any data must be buffered/stored and presented to the LCD at a data rate that the LCD can respond to. LVDS signalling is the basis for RS485, USB, Firewire, the Sata Standard just to name a few... FYI

Bob