Frequency to control AC voltage

Hi, I want to use the Adruino to sense when dad goes past sensors to turn on the relay using a Frequency to AC Voltage converter. Its been a while since I been using electronics but recall Radio Shack had a outlet that could be controlled via a separate outlet. This is basically what I want to control maybe 3 light sensor when he walk pass them and turn on each outlet separately.
Thank you;
jazzdrum

jazzdrum:
Hi, I want to use the Adruino to sense when dad

Only dad? Not mum, or you, or the cat?

goes past sensors

What sensors?

to turn on the relay

What relay?

using a Frequency to AC Voltage converter.

What's that supposed to be?

Its been a while since I been using electronics but recall Radio Shack had a outlet that could be controlled via a separate outlet.

How? By calling the manager of one outlet to have them do something at the other? Or isn't that what you mean?

Mom had cancer and fell at night walking to go to bathroom. She was rushed to the hospital and died because of her injuries and cancer.

I do not want dad to fall walking at night time.

By the way: Frequencies are transmitted and received everywhere. Frequencies such as a remote control device transmits a (IR) infrared signal. The IR signal from the remote is then received by the receiver and will turn on and off the device.

A very simple example is a television or a dish receiver. Years ago we had tubes instead of IC components and transistors. Millions of transistors are in chips (chips are Integrated Circuits in case you do not know what that means ) I designed circuits using simple gates.

By the way, the circuit I designed will send a DC signal to turn the relay on which can turn on the device. Which I turned on a AC light on and off. Very simple logic. We use 120 AC volts in the U.S. But I used a IR signal to allow the relay to turn the light on.

I figured out how to design my project. Thank you!