fresh arduino installation no library files

Hello,

i am trying to update my Ender 3 pro printers firmware and im having an issue with arduino, specifically it gives me an "Invalid library found" error. Details below

Sketch uses 122302 bytes (94%) of program storage space. Maximum is 130048 bytes.
Global variables use 4621 bytes (28%) of dynamic memory, leaving 11763 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 16384 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x65
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x63
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x68
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3a
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x54
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x46
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x69
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6e
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Beowu\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_850979: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\Beowu\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_850979
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Beowu\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_868080: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\Beowu\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_868080
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Beowu\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_850979: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\Beowu\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_850979
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Beowu\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_868080: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\Beowu\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_868080

when i check those 2 folders they are empty
are they supposed to be empty? i tried to search for this issue but it seems there can be various degrees of issues that come with the libraries folder, mostly from wrong folder/file locations

for reference, i have followed these instructions: Ender 3 vanilla Marlin update: Concise guide - YouTube

dont know if this helps or not, but i figured maybe for context it might be helpful.

if you need any more info please ask and i'll do my best to answer

can you please help?

Those folders in the libraries folder should not be there, delete them. But those are just warnings.

Your actual problem is that you are not able to upload to the board (sync error), which looks like it's because the board isn't getting reset to start the bootloader. Is something connected to the reset pin? Is it a custom board that doesn't do the DTR reset correctly?

The giveaway that it's probably not resetting correctly is the content of the responses:

"echo:TV in"

The empty folders named things like arduino_850979 are created sometimes when there is a glitch in updating a library via the Arduino IDE's Library Manager. The Library Manager takes some measures to avoid overwriting custom libraries that might have the same folder name as the one you're installing. When it thinks it shouldn't overwrite the existing installed library, it installs the Library Manager library to a randomly named folder like arduino_850979. There seems to be some strange glitches with that system that sometimes result in those folders being created unnecessarily, but I've never managed to produce a reproducible demo of the bug to report it and it does work correctly most of the time.

@pert & @DrAzzy

Thank you for your explanations and reply,

i have deleted those 2 folders!

i dont know if the board is custom, its a fresh out of the box 3d printer that i bought and it arrived 2 days ago.

i have tried to do some research beforehand on how to get it ready and one of the things was that video that said it needs a new firmware (there's plenty of other sources that say the same thing).

the difference between my machine and his is that mine comes with a boot loader and only needs the firmware uploaded

i also dont even know where the reset pin is

could this issue stem from a jumper? or maybe i used the wrong port on the pc (using on of the front USB's...doubtful but worth asking)?