Friction in sliding..!!!

hi.. i am a beginner... i'm currently working on a project that need to measure the friction force accurately in a small sliding mechanism assembly..there are lots of them..i am trying to measure one by one..it is around 0.2N - 0.8N... when checked any sliding mechanism assemblies, above or below that friction limit should be omitted.. so my question is.. Do anybody know any sensor that could help??? the sensor must be compatible with arduino uno/ mega..... thank youuuu...!!!

How exactly are you planning to measure this friction?

Load cells come to mind. A 100 gram one would have the range you need (100 gram is about 1N).

Do you mean static or dynamic friction?

I could imagine a turntable onto which the objects are placed, one after another. Then the force is measured at the end of the horizontal holding rope, using a beforementioned load cell.

You push the sliding mech and measure what it took to move.

Maybe put a weight on the slider and see how fast it moves vertically?

Classic classroom physics experiment for static friction is to put a weight on a board and lift one end until the weight starts to slide. The angle lets you calculate the force and that tells the static friction.

Delta_G:
Classic classroom physics experiment for static friction is to put a weight on a board and lift one end until the weight starts to slide. The angle lets you calculate the force and that tells the static friction.

Breakaway force vs continuous force?

It sounds more like instead of measuring, you need a go/no-go gauge. Like two weights on two strings hung off the side of the test bench.

One weight (the light one) must not move the mechanism. The other one must move it. One "goes" and the other does not "go".

Use different-colored strings.

Friction in a sliding mechanism. My guess is that it is lubricated inside.

thank you all...got it sorted out with a load cell..i was bit of a rush when i was typing.. actually the sliding mechanism assembly would require between 0.2N - 0.8N of static friction... anything that does not meet that requirement should be omitted.. i wanted to build a simple machine that could read static friction of each one by one..

Keep at it, that engineering degree will be yours and all the knowing that comes with it.