Fried Two Arduinos MKR1000 WIFIs?

Hi,

I recently got my first 2 Arduinos (MKR1000s) for a project. I hooked 1 up to a breadboard as shown and played around with it for a few hours. Then, after uploading an iteration of my code, the board’s serial port shut down. I tried swapping it out with my other one and after loading the code, the exact same thing happened.

To clarify, the devices boot and show up (on Mac) as USB devices, but there is no serial port available (in Arduino, processing, or terminal). I’ve tried both boards with multiple cords and multiple computers (Mac and Windows) and they all have the same problem. Did I somehow fry the boards?

I attached the breadboard configuration. The 2 wires offscreen are the positive and negative terminals from a low voltage (+/- 0.5V) analog audio device.

Thanks,
Noah

try the double reset to activate the bootloader for 8 seconds. it should start the port. try to upload Blink

I cannot believe that fixed it. Thanks so much for the quick response!

For future reference, is there anything in the hardware/ code that caused this or is it just luck?

npalansky:
I cannot believe that fixed it. Thanks so much for the quick response!

For future reference, is there anything in the hardware/ code that caused this or is it just luck?

the native USB of the MCU is handled by the sketch (the core part). if the sketch hangs, the USB is not handled