from LM35 sensor to another sensor

Dear all,

I built the thermometer example (LM35 & three LEDs). It works fine!
I have a question before moving on to prepare something else.

The + of the LM35 sensor is connected to the 5V of the breadboard.
The - of the LM35 sensor is connected to GND of the breadboard.
V_out is connected to the Arduino.

Now, if I already have the voltage of another sensor, how can I connect that sensor?
First, I check its voltage and when needed reduce it with a resistor.
Then I connect one pole of the sensor with V_out of the Arduino, and the other one with GND of the breadboard.
Is this the right way?

Kind regards, Marcel

Sorry to say I just read that 3 times and I don't know what you're asking.

Let me write in another way.
The sensor now being used is the LM35. It measures temperature and yields a voltage.
How can I connect a different sensor which already has a voltage?

Different sensor, or a second LM35.

An Uno has six analogue ports available.
Leo..

@Leo, thanks,

I already have the temperature sensor (it is inside the buffer tank of my solar heat system).
I will connect to one of the analogue ports of the Uno.
Do you know what is the maximum voltage allowed?

Marcel

mverduyn:

Short answer: 0-5volt

Keep sensor voltage between ground and supply of the Uno (0-5volt).
You need a voltage divider (with two resistors) if the sensor outputs more than that.
Tell us more about the sensor.
Leo..

mverduyn:
@Leo, thanks,

I already have the temperature sensor (it is inside the buffer tank of my solar heat system).
I will connect to one of the analogue ports of the Uno.

Marcel

You haven't told us what exact sensor it is - there is no way to know how to connect an unknown
sensor, you have to tell us what it is. Is this connected to other hardware? You have to tell us which other hardware, and exactly how things are connected.

Wawa:
Short answer: 0-5volt

Keep sensor voltage between ground and supply of the Uno (0-5volt).
You need a voltage divider (with two resistors) if the sensor outputs more than that.
Tell us more about the sensor.
Leo..

thanks.
I have only started exploring the Arduino and am taking small steps...
First I will use a voltmeter to see what output voltage there is. I do not know what temperature sensor is inside the buffer tank of my solar heat system. Its temperature is displayed on the LED screen of the pump of the system. The voltage of the temperature sensor can be measured at the pump.
Marcel

How many wires to the sensor?

@all,

I now realize that the title of this posting could have been confusing.
It is not my intent to connect anything else to the LM35!
It is my intent to connect another sensor to the Arduino for which I will make use of one of the analogue ports.

mverduyn:
It is my intent to connect another sensor to the Arduino for which I will make use of one of the analogue ports.

Yeah so what's the actual question about hooking that other sensor up, and what's the whole thing about the existing LM35 got to do with that?

So far we know nothing at all about the hardware in question. That's the first thing you need to
provide before its worth asking anything!

You haven't even mentioned what this solar heat system is or how many wires the sensor has - there's
absolutely nothing to go on. You are also assuming that the sensor is analog and low voltage, which
might not be the case.