from-SD-card-Arduino-to-Android-map-app

Dear all I have data as latitude and longitude on SD card(.csv), I like to build an app with android studio that shows the location from the data is already stored on SD card. I use Mega ADK and GPS shield with SD card. I would appreciate if anyone has any advice. Best wishes Maz

Tehran: I have data as latitude and longitude on SD card(.csv),

Reminds me of the GoonShow sketch where the stupid fellow had the time written on a piece of paper.

I was going to suggest stuff but just realized you have a Mega ADK and I know nothing about the extra features it has compared to a regular Mega.

...R

The Mega ADK has in addition to the Mega's features Ethernet and an Android interface.

goodinventor: The Mega ADK has in addition to the Mega's features Ethernet and an Android interface.

How does the Android interface work?

...R

Thanks for the reply. The Mega adk has an extra features (USB) which makes the connection to an Android device straight forward. I have not yet used this feature but Im looking forward to explore it. I let you know the outcome. Best wishes.

Tehran:
The Mega adk has an extra features (USB) which makes the connection to an Android device straight forward.

If that makes the connection to the Android similar to the USB connection to a PC it should be straightforward to do what you want.

…R

I have been strangling to download Android studio. Now is running. It give me an emulator with selected device. Nexus 5 for this instance. I managed to get a map-key from google map. It gives me a proper emulation of an actual handset with a running map. What I am looking to to is to get data from SD card which comes from SD shield connected to mega adk in real time and show it in the android map. Of course this is a learning process with no intention of making profit. I think this will improve my knowledge of java and android functionality combined with arduino platform.