Frustration vending punchbag

Hello people,
I have a spare room in my house. I don’t intend to bring in my girlfriend because I hate my relationship.

I was thinking about keeping a punchbag in that room. I can install a music system over there too. Now the deal is, as I punch the bag, the music that is playing out of speaker needs to change its tempo based on the power and tone with which I punch it.

How can I implement this? I am ready to get hands on as you guys comment.

1- I am guessing I will need to buy an arduino.
2- I will also require a vibration/pressure censor that is going to be attached to the bag so that the computer to which the vibration censor is connected to, can take data and determine the value of the pressure that is falling on the bag.

I will have to a bit of coding using processing or some software, which I am absolutely clueless about. Guys, I seriously need help.
Mail me urgently to - jsmithbab6@gmail.com OR you can always comment over here.

albertngracious: Hello people, I have a spare room in my house. I don't intend to bring in my girlfriend because I hate my relationship.

I was thinking about keeping a punchbag in that room. I can install a music system over there too. Now the deal is, as I punch the bag, the music that is playing out of speaker needs to change its tempo based on the power and tone with which I punch it.

How can I implement this? I am ready to get hands on as you guys comment.

1- I am guessing I will need to buy an arduino. 2- I will also require a vibration/pressure censor that is going to be attached to the bag so that the computer to which the vibration censor is connected to, can take data and determine the value of the pressure that is falling on the bag.

I will have to a bit of coding using processing or some software, which I am absolutely clueless about. Guys, I seriously need help. Mail me urgently to - jsmithbab6@gmail.com OR you can always comment over here.

Do you like guns? Are you eligable for weekend passes?

Guys, please. Go through my design system and help!

Depends on the type of punch bag you have, hanging or freestanding?

Whatever the sensor is, it and its wiring will have to be pretty robust!

Detecting the punches is the simple part of the project. The simplest way is to use one or more tilt sensors. The best ones are mercury tilt switches which you can still get, it is only that some legislation bans the sale of equipment containing them. However you can still make stuff yourself with them. Another way is to put a microphone in the bag and measure the sound.

The complex part is how to make the signals you receive change the music. How is the music being generated? How can you affect it?