FT232R USB UART Mac OS x 10.11 not working

Maybe this is not entirely related to Arduino, but I have just acquired and built a Prusa i3 3D printer that connects via USB with the FT232R.

Unfortunately, even while surfing and trying all the things I could find on the world wide web, I am not able to get this FTDI driver running on my mac :confused:

I noticed Arduino uses this chipset as wel, so I ended up here as a last resort..

I have checked and my system doesn't load the Apple FTDI driver (there is even no physical directory of it on my system). I installed the FTDI driver, rebooted but no joy when I plug the usb cable in...

I do see a device appearing in my system profile with the following information:

FT232R USB UART:

Vendor ID: 0x0403 (Future Technology Devices International Limited)
Version: 6.00
Serial Number: A9G3NLPT
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: FTDI
Location ID: 0xfa130000 / 5
Current Available (mA): 1000
Current Required (mA): 90
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

So I am guessing it does something, but unfortunately no serial port is created in /dev ...

I am running OS X 10.11.2

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Found it..

For anyone who has problems with it.. It is caused by a 3rd party copy of the FTDI chip.
Its seems to be blocked by the original vendor, and thus the driver won't work..
(the hint was found on a windows machine trying to communicate with it, but spewed the message "NO GENUINE DEVICE!)

See this link for info: unbrick_ftdi [LJCK]