FTDI FT232RL and mini pro

I am getting an error when I try to load to the mini pro. This is my first time using the ftdi and the mini pro. I am just trying to get the led to blink using the example code. I loaded the drivers from the ftdi website, I am using windows 10 and have the following ftdi. set for 5v and the following mini pro:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WAVGAT-Pro-Mini-ATMEGA328P-328-Mini-ATMEGA328-5V-16MHz-for-arduino-Nano-Microcontrol-Micro-Control-Board/32965115627.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d1tuLjE

I am getting this error:

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini, ATmega328P (5V, 16 MHz)"

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x71
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Any thoughts?

Try to select Arduino Nano as a board.

BTW - When I have the ftdi plugged into the pc, an led is lit and when the mini pro is plugged into the ftdi it also has an led lit steady and one the flashed a few time at power up and then continued to flash twice every second or so. The ftdi is 6 connections and is supposed to have the reset built into the board so I do not need to hit the reset on the arduino.

Anthony

Thank you for the response. I got the same error as with the mini pro selected.

Oh, that board is not fully compatible with Arduino Mini Pro, You need ti install addon from update.rar - Google Drive
and then select a Wavgat board.

Thank you again. I downloaded the compressed file but I am not sure how to load it into the arduino ide. would you happen to have a link to instructions. I searded loading addon into arduino but they were referencing ulrs.

Thank you,

Anthony

Instructions available here -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WAVGAT-high-quality-One-set-UNO-R3-CH340G-MEGA328P-for-Arduino-UNO-R3-USB-CABLE-ATMEGA328P/32877460592.html

Thank you, I will try it when I get home. I guess I need to read more before buying. I did not pay attention to that in the sellers description.

In all the official WAVGAT product listings I've seen which say they require the special WAVGAT hardware package (which proves they are LGT8F328P, not ATmega328P), nowhere in the listing do they mention that the board uses an LGT8F328P and they have "ATmega328P" plastered all over the listings. Clearly, they're trying to pull a scam on the customers. It's really sad because the LGT8F328P is actually an interesting chip and I would welcome an honest Chinese company making these boards available for a reasonable price with a decent quality (which WAVGAT's is very much not) hardware package for the Arduino IDE. But these scumbags decided to take the route of lying to make profit from our community. I urge everyone to boycott all WAVGAT products. If you actually want the LGT8F328P boards, look for a more ethical company to buy from.

And if you did buy anything from WAVGAT, make sure to leave them a negative review.

alesam - thank you for bailing me out, it worked.

Thank you for everyone's help. Just an FYI, I have run into more issues with the WAVGAT boards that I do not have with other boards recently purchased. They are not worth the hassle. I have a tough enough time learning with solid boards. I will not be using these any longer.

Anthony