FTDI Windows 64 bit install

Hello!

I am trying to install the driver for the FDTI on Windows (I just purchased a LilyPad as my first Arduino). I cannot install the driver on my Windows 7 machine. The message (no error number) that I get is:

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver for your software device, Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. USB Serial Converter Access is denied. If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software.

I have searched Google and tried all solutions I found on the first few pages of results. I have full permissions, and am the only user on my machine. The folder and files are not encrypted.

I have contacted SparkFun, and they seem stumped as well.

My super smart and intuitive student who can always help could not help and suggested I re-install Windows. Obviously, I would prefer not to.

Today, I tried to use my LilyPad at work on a 32 bit Windows 7, and all worked well, so the equipment is fine.

Resolved.... I shut the machine down and then removed the battery before restarting. Go figure.