Functions not found in scope when on another tab and favorites disappeared

Using Arduino Create in Chrome

Sorry if this has been addressed but I can't find it anywhere.

A. I'm getting a:

"Function name here" is not declared in scope ,

when the function is not on the same tab as my loop.

B. Also my favorites libraries has been cleared

First thing is that is NOT the "actual"error message.
It also tends to be a "programming" issue at your end with a mistake in your sketch but without knowing what your sketch is or the complete error section I am only able to offer sarcastic remarks from which I will refrain at this point.

Very little to go on with your second remark so I think maybe you should go HERE read the whole thing and then come back to add any extra information you seem to have forgotten.

• Computer operating system and version
Windows 10 pro x 64.

• Your Browser information:
Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

• The type of Arduino : Nano

• Does your board work on the regular DESKTOP IDE (If so please include the version).
Board works and Sketch compiles when loop is in another tab

• Types of USB port being used with the Arduinos ? 2.0

• Actual problem description ? Here is code

arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/952567764 -hardware arduino-builder/hardware -hardware arduino-builder/packages/cores -tools arduino-builder/tools -tools arduino-builder/packages/tools -built-in-libraries arduino-builder/latest -libraries /tmp/990375433/pinned -libraries /tmp/990375433/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:nano:cpu=atmega328 -build-cache /tmp -verbose=true /tmp/990375433/sketch_jun1a

Using board 'nano' from platform in folder: /home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr

Using core 'arduino' from platform in folder: /home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr

Detecting libraries used...

"/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10611 -DARDUINO_AVR_NANO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/variants/eightanaloginputs" "/tmp/952567764/sketch/sketch_jun1a.ino.cpp" -o "/dev/null"

Generating function prototypes...

"/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10611 -DARDUINO_AVR_NANO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/variants/eightanaloginputs" "/tmp/952567764/sketch/sketch_jun1a.ino.cpp" -o "/tmp/952567764/preproc/ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"

"/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/tools/ctags/5.8-arduino11/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns --line-directives "/tmp/952567764/preproc/ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"

Compiling sketch...

"/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -flto -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10611 -DARDUINO_AVR_NANO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/variants/eightanaloginputs" "/tmp/952567764/sketch/sketch_jun1a.ino.cpp" -o "/tmp/952567764/sketch/sketch_jun1a.ino.cpp.o"

Compiling libraries...

Compiling core...

Using precompiled core

Linking everything together...

"/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc" -w -Os -g -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -Wl,--gc-sections -mmcu=atmega328p -o "/tmp/952567764/sketch_jun1a.ino.elf" "/tmp/952567764/sketch/sketch_jun1a.ino.cpp.o" "/tmp/952567764/../core/core_arduino_avr_nano_cpu_atmega328_c27c4e851c246ec436aa9859472bec7a.a" "-L/tmp/952567764" -lm

/tmp/ccMMqcXj.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `main':

/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/main.cpp:46: undefined reference to `loop'

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

I used the digital button example. This complies in the desktop and in Create. However, only the desktop will compile if I move the loop to another tab.

const int buttonPin = 2;     // the number of the pushbutton pin
const int ledPin =  13;      // the number of the LED pin

// variables will change:
int buttonState = 0;         // variable for reading the pushbutton status

void setup() {
  // initialize the LED pin as an output:
  pinMode(ledPin, OUTPUT);
  // initialize the pushbutton pin as an input:
  pinMode(buttonPin, INPUT);
}

void loop() {
  // read the state of the pushbutton value:
  buttonState = digitalRead(buttonPin);

// check if the pushbutton is pressed.
  // if it is, the buttonState is HIGH:
  if (buttonState == HIGH) {
    // turn LED on:
    digitalWrite(ledPin, HIGH);
  } else {
    // turn LED off:
    digitalWrite(ledPin, LOW);
  }
}

I guess my question is:

Can I put code in the tabs or are the tabs in Create just for schematics and docs?

Thanks..
As You can see thats a lot better and gives everyone a chance to asses the problem and give you a better answer.

I have not done much work with the tabs but I am pretty sure you can call one tab from a point in the first tab etc.

See this example

Normally they would be used to include a library function similar to the example.
Although as you say they can also be used to add other things such as readme or pictures etc.
There are some limitations so dont go putting too many pictures in there as this can stall the EDITOR.

Just me then? I can't compile the given example. It complies for you in Create?

arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/972862255 -hardware arduino-builder/hardware -hardware arduino-builder/packages/cores -tools arduino-builder/tools -tools arduino-builder/packages/tools -built-in-libraries arduino-builder/latest -libraries /tmp/235150096/pinned -libraries /tmp/235150096/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:uno -build-cache /tmp -verbose=true /tmp/235150096/StandardFirmataWiFi_mywifi

Using board 'uno' from platform in folder: /home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr

Using core 'arduino' from platform in folder: /home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr

Detecting libraries used...

"/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10611 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/variants/standard" "/tmp/972862255/sketch/StandardFirmataWiFi_mywifi.ino.cpp" -o "/dev/null"

"/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10611 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/variants/standard" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/latest/Servo-1.1.2/src" "/tmp/972862255/sketch/StandardFirmataWiFi_mywifi.ino.cpp" -o "/dev/null"

"/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10611 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/variants/standard" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/latest/Servo-1.1.2/src" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/libraries/Wire/src" "/tmp/972862255/sketch/StandardFirmataWiFi_mywifi.ino.cpp" -o "/dev/null"

"/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10611 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/variants/standard" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/latest/Servo-1.1.2/src" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/libraries/Wire/src" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/latest/Firmata-2.5.6" "/tmp/972862255/sketch/StandardFirmataWiFi_mywifi.ino.cpp" -o "/dev/null"

"/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10611 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/variants/standard" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/latest/Servo-1.1.2/src" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/libraries/Wire/src" "-I/home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/latest/Firmata-2.5.6" "/tmp/972862255/sketch/StandardFirmataWiFi_mywifi.ino.cpp" -o "/tmp/972862255/preproc/ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"

Multiple libraries were found for "Servo.h"

Used: /home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/latest/Servo-1.1.2

Not used: /home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/latest/Printoo_Library-1.0.2

Using library Servo-1.1.2 at version 1.1.2 in folder: /home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/latest/Servo-1.1.2

Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: /home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/packages/cores/arduino/avr/libraries/Wire

Using library Firmata-2.5.6 at version 2.5.6 in folder: /home/admin/builder/arduino-builder/latest/Firmata-2.5.6

In file included from /tmp/235150096/StandardFirmataWiFi_mywifi/StandardFirmataWiFi_mywifi.ino:93:0:

/tmp/972862255/sketch/wifiConfig.h:49:35: fatal error: utility/WiFi101Stream.h: No such file or directory

#include "utility/WiFi101Stream.h"

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

I copied your sketch to create and compiled it just fine.
That was only an EXAMPLE sketch that I gave you and includes calls to libs you probably don't have installed.
It was only to show that you can include other items besides text and pictures and call them from your main sketch.

I dont have your setup so I would need a darn good crystal ball to see what you do and don't have installed.

However if you go to LIBRARY Manager and select "FIRMATA", Add it to your libs and then open the examples for that and select "StandardFirmataWiFi" it should give you an example that DOES compile.

EDIT again these are just examples and some may require compiling for SPECIFIC boards.

Are you able to compile the example when the loop is in another tab?

Like this?: Arduino Create

As for my library favorites disappearing, here is what I’m talking about. (See attached)

I had about seven favorites selected from the Library Manager, then they just disappeared. Luckily my custom libraries were still intact. Just a heads-up.

OK I see what you mean now and in that particular case there are no definitions or specific calls to a second tab and it will never compile.

I tabbed up one of my sketches HERE...

Take notice of the tab name extensions which are ".ino"

As for the missing libs I am not sure what I am supposed to be seeing ?

BINGO!! That was it. Thank you. How did you know to do that?

As for the missing libraries. They are are not missing. They were "un-favorited" without me doing any thing. So the favorites list was empty.

I'm able to find and favorite the libraries I need again, I just didn't know if this was a known bug or not.

You make mark this one as solved. Thanks again!

Never done it before today.

However 2 minutes on google got me enough info to try myself.

So thank you as I too learned today.

For the Favourites: we check and we have our Favorites there... @ballscrewbob can you see yours?
Can you think of anything that could have lead to deleting your favorites? Have you changed anything to your Arduino Profile?

I can see some in my list but I mess around so much with them that I am never sure if its a complete list.

Customs are the ones I tend to be most concerned with.

No, I can't think of anything that would have deleted my favorites.

I've only been using Create for about a week. I have started the Arduino Create plugin twice before, if that has any effect.

My Arduino profile? Is that located on my PC?

The newer login system is CASE sensitive so you really have to watch loging in with passwords and such.

If all your OWN sketches were intact then it is likely not that.

The profile is the one on Arduino site.