Funduino MEGA 2560 16AU 1246 Doesn't Show up on Mac IDE

When I plug the brand new Funduino MEGA 2560 16AU 1246 board into the USB port on my mac Mini, the blink program runs, but the board does not show up in the Tools->Serial Port menu. Is there a problem that this board is a 16AU instead of a 16U2 (or 8U2 in the rev1 and rev2 boards). The pinout for this board is the rev1 or rev2 pinout.

Has anyone had this problem? I'm using 1.05 IDE. The Funduino also does not show up in the list of USB devices on the system report, though a different Funduino Mega 2560 rev 3 does show up.

The 16AU is the suffix of the chip part number to specify it is a 16MHz speed and AU is the package form factor type of the Mega2560 chip. You need to look at the part number on the chip next to the USB port. Some Funduino Mega2560 versions are actually R2 type with an ATmega8U2 USB chip.

If it is not showing up on your computer it could be that the USB chip is not programmed. Have you tried connecting it to any other computer? Otherwise you may need to load a firmware onto the USB chip.

It took me a week to find a magnifying glass. The chip next to the USB port is: MEGA 8U2 1244 TH 2X3551-1

If I need to program this chip, how do I do it?

You can try this, http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/DFUProgramming8U2