G321D with SED1330 integrated controller

Hello friends and foes.... haha

I've been here on and off for 5 years now and I'm still a complete noob with coding. So, Im asking for assistance with this after searching for the last 4 hours for a direct answer.

Simple question is, can I run a Seiko G321D LCD with and Arduino Uno? The LCD I have has an integrated SED1330 controller.

What I know:

Display info here: datasheet G321D

Detailed datasheet here: http://compsys1.com/support/docs/g321.pdf

Controller datasheet here: https://www.lcd-module.de/eng/pdf/zubehoer/sed1330.pdf

GLCD and u8g2 do not support this as far as I can tell, but there are sites that suggest it has been done and is possible. I know this is a lot for even a Mega to handle, I'm more looking for basic proof of concept, because I have four of these sitting here and would love to be able to do something with them. Off topic, but I have a Raspberry pi also, but no luck on that front either.

I'm guessing I would need a serial to parallel chip to control the data bus, and the whole thing would have to be bit-banged. I would love to try, but I have absolutely no clue where to start.

FYI, I'm 30, not 15, this isn't a school project, just a hobby for myself as time permits between spending time with my kids and wife, working, etc.... And I say this because I would like to be treated as such, not shut down immediately and told it wont work with no explanation. Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. yes I have checked the forums and Google before asking here, but I can't find a direct answer.

Hi

What is is the problem with u8g2?

Your display seems to be a 320x200 variant. It is not supported directly, nevertheless there should be something visible with the SED1330 or RA8835 (both chips are compatible) constructors.

Can you try the RA8835 setup? u8g2setupcpp · olikraus/u8g2 Wiki · GitHub
Maybe use the HelloWorld example.

What will you see? Can you post a picture?

I'm guessing I would need a serial to parallel chip to control the data bus

Not required, you can just connect the display to 12 (including reset) empty GPIO pins. Then tell u8g2 the pin numbers for each of the display lines on the constructor call.

Wiring will probably look like this:

Source: gallery · olikraus/u8g2 Wiki · GitHub

Oliver

Ok, got in the DC/DC convertor today and hit another wall. I’m getting the error in the screenshot below, not 100% sure I have the driver set up correctly. Thanks for the help.

razrhackr:
Ok, got in the DC/DC convertor today and hit another wall. I'm getting the error in the screenshot below, not 100% sure I have the driver set up correctly. Thanks for the help.

The text between and including has to be removed. It is just a comment.

Oliver