Game controller with leonardo?

I want to create a collective for a helicopter simulator I have. Basically it is a lever that sits flat but can lift up to about 45 degrees. Anyways is it possible to make a controller that my game will recognize? The only thing is that I can't just use key presses, I would have to send the computer an axis. Like a 0-100% type thing. Would I have to make special drivers or something? Thanks in advance I am quite new to the arduino.

Sounds like a joystick control would be more suitable than keyboard commands.

Nicedude: I want to create a collective for a helicopter simulator I have. Basically it is a lever that sits flat but can lift up to about 45 degrees. Anyways is it possible to make a controller that my game will recognize? The only thing is that I can't just use key presses, I would have to send the computer an axis. Like a 0-100% type thing. Would I have to make special drivers or something? Thanks in advance I am quite new to the arduino.

I believe that the Leonardo (don't have one) has the same code as the older Teensy (have, same chip) that you can switch the USB from CDC mode to HID mode. HID lets it be 12-axes sticks/sliders/ etc, many buttons, mouse and keyboard at the same time. You can go to town on your helicopter HOTAS and include pedals and an instrument panel.