Garade Door Opener Esp8266

Hi.
I’m new here, so I do not know if this is the right place to put this kind of doubt .
So I 'm building an Arduino project to open my garage door for money.
It consists of a esp8266 as a " server " , a relay, 3 LEDs and Arduino Nano.
After connecting all using Arduino as a source of energy that I notice that the Esp was getting low power and does not work , then I start using an external power supply to about 8.2V and 0.4A .
I tried to drop the voltage to the esp8266 work but I just can not do that because all attempts to do it does not work because the Esp keep receiving low power.
The esp is working well because with the arduino uno it works.
Since I 'm a noob in Electronics, would appreciate some help and tips on how to do this !
My system diagram is on attachment!
Thank you!
:smiley:

The ESP8266 needs 3.3V

I know that the Esp just need 3.3V.
The problem is, how can I drop the voltage to 3.3V.
Thanks

caoc10:
I know that the Esp just need 3.3V.
The problem is, how can I drop the voltage to 3.3V.
Thanks

With a voltage regulator such as AMS 1117-3.3V

But then you will also have to drop the voltages on the pins that connect to the ESP8266, eg TxD, RXD etc?

akis_t:
But then you will also have to drop the voltages on the pins that connect to the ESP8266, eg TxD, RXD etc?

For RX you will need to use a voltage divider if interfacing to a 5V Arduino.
For TX you shouldn't need to do anything.

You most certainly do not need the Nano at all. The ESP is is a fully capable uC that is even more powerful than the Nano in some regards an can be programmed with the Arduino IDE.
There are modules like the Wemos d1 Mini that give you onboard USB-Port with voltage regulator and FTDI.

Interfaceing an Amtel-based Arduino with the ESP is almost always unnecessary and usually a pain in the neck (because it blocks serial, needs a voltage divider …).