Garbage text on LCD... why?

I am using this LCD. It is connected to Arduino Uno. I am displaying some information on the LCD, which keep changes when buttons are pressed.

I don't know how and why, LCD starts showing garbage text! I have to plug in-out the USB 2-3 times to the computer before it stops displaying garbage text.

I have soldered jumper wires to the LCD which are going back to the Arduino board.

Why is it happening?? Please help. :frowning:

The green wire is misconnected.

Don

I am using this LCD. It is connected to Arduino Uno. I am displaying some information on the LCD, which keep changes when buttons are pressed.

I don’t know how and why, LCD starts showing garbage text! I have to plug in-out the USB 2-3 times to the computer before it stops displaying garbage text.

I have soldered jumper wires to the LCD which are going back to the Arduino board.

Why is it happening?? Please help. :frowning:

LCD_garbage_text.png

I posted the same issue again with the image of LCD. How can I delete this post now??

Now we have something to work with. Here are some initial recommendations:

Your setup is a perfect example of what is called a “rat’s nest”. You should redo the wiring into a much neater configuration.

We need at least two additional photographs. One similar in content to the original but with higher resolution. We need to be able to unambiguously follow each wire from one end to the other. The second should be a closeup of the connections to your LCD module so we can check the soldering.

Finally, do your troubleshooting with a sketch that just displays some text on the screen in setup(). There should be nothing going on in loop().

Don

It would be useful to see the code you are running.
--- bill