Garmin Lidar Lite v3 HP

I called Garmin Support in reference to the Garmin Lidar Lite v3 HP I just bought. Garmin suppoert refered me to Robotshop.com or sparkfun.com to obtain additional equipment/devices I need to make the Lidar work. However, in seeing you website on some of the materials I will present the following questions.

In the Garmin Lidar Lite v3 HP Operational Manual it states:

Connections
There are two basic configurations for this device.

I2C (Inter-Integrated Circuit): A serial computer bus used to communicate between this device and a microcontroller, such as an Arduino® board.

PWM (Pulse Width Modulation): A bi-directional signal transfer method that triggers acquisitions and returns distance measurements using the mode-control pin.

Next, it states:

I2C Interface
This device has a 2-wire, I2C-compatible serial interface (see I2C-Bus Specification, Version 2.1, January 2000, available from Philips Semiconductor). It can be connected to an I2C bus as a slave device, under the control of an I2C master device. It supports 400 kHz Fast Mode data transfer.

Then it states:

I2C Protocol Operation

This protocol description uses the term master to refer to the Arduino controller, and uses the term LIDAR device to refer to the LIDAR-Lite v3HP device acting as a slave on the I2C bus.
When working with the I2C serial bus protocol, the device operates as follows.
The master initiates data transfer by establishing a start condition, which consists of a high-to-low transition on the SDA line while SCL is high.
[...]

My question is where do I get 'the Arduino controller" and the "12c bus."

In addition, if I use the PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) connection I would also need a 12c bus.

I appreciate any help you can give.

I have attached the Lidar_ lite v3 Hp Operational manual to provide further information on my previous question at the Arduino controller.

You get the Arduino from the Arduino store.
It comes with I2C hardware, apart from the pullup resistors.

Sparkfun has a setup guide and working example code for Arduino and the Lidar Lite V3.