gas pressure sensor !!!

I have a project and I would use this sensor to measure gas pressure inside the cylinder and I want to link it with Arduino to Programming and using output from it

What i want to know is whether this sensor measures the gas pressure inside the cylinder or the gas Pressure flowing from the cylinder slot

I'm suspicious that this is another go at:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=518313

pert:
I'm suspicious that this is another go at:
I Need Sensor that measures the pressure of propane gas in gas tank . - Sensors - Arduino Forum

It is from a different IP address, so until proven otherwise, not the same.

mashael11993:
What i want to know is whether this sensor measures the gas pressure inside the cylinder or the gas Pressure flowing from the cylinder slot

From that picture alone it is not possible to tell. I assume the 1000PSI on it is some maximum pressure, but from the picture alone it could also be an emergency valve. I do not see wires to connect it? So all relevant information is missing.

So to be able to help you we need far more information about your project.

1. Please post a link to the datasheet of the sensor.
    please explain why you choose that sensor

2. Please post your detailed requirements e.g.
    what is the working range needed?
    do you want pressure in PSI or in hPa or other unit?
    what is the precission and accuracy needed?
    do you want to measure pressure or flow?
    do you need temperature info as well?
    more?

3. Please post what gas it should be able to handle?
    different gasses may need different sensors.

4. what is it main interface of the sensor? voltages, signals, busses, baudrates, ...?
    not all fit to an Arduino directly, furthermore most need some math to get pressure.

The better you help us to understand your needs, the better advice can be given.

Thanks robtillaart!

I did a reverse image search and found the listing for that sensor:

I don't find a datasheet but there is this info:

100% new pressure transducer /pressure Sender/ Pressure Transmitter, Our material is using top of line 316 stainless steel (not 304) and high temperature auto-graded plastic.

Brand AUTEX
Manufacturer Part Number 112835

Pressure Range: 0-100 psi
Material :Stainless steel
Output: 0.5V – 4.5V linear voltage output. 0 psi outputs 0.5V, 50 psi outputs 2.5V, 100 psi outputs 4.5V
Working Temperature: -40—+125ºC;.

Works for oil, fuel, water or air pressure. Can be used in oil tank, gas tank, etc.
Accuracy: ±1%FS;
Thread: 1/8”-27 NPT.
Overload Capacity: 2 times;
Pressure Medium: The gas and liquid which is compatible with 316L stainless steel;

Load Resistance: ≤(supply power-6.5V/0.02A)Ω;
Long-term stability: ± 0.2%FS/year;
Temperature Effect on Zero: Typical: ±0.02%FS/ºC; Maximum: ±0.05%FS/ºC;
Temperature Effect on Sensitivity: Typical: ±0.02%FS/ºC; Maximum: ±0.05%FS/ºC;

Shock Resistance: 100g;
Anti-Shock: ≤±0.01%FS(X,Y,Z axes, 200Hz/g);
Response Time: ≤1ms;
Insulation Resistance: >100mΩ 500VDC;
Explosion-proof Class: ExiaTTCT6;
Electromagnetism Compatibility: EN50081-1; EN50082-2; IEC61000-4-3;

Wiring connector: water sealed quick disconnect. Mating connector and wire harness (pigtail) is included.
Wiring: Red for IN+. Black for GND. Green for OUT.
Warranty: One year

It is an advance pressure sender than traditional mechanical pressure sender.

The connector:

thx, now we know what the sensor (or a look alike) can do, that's half of the equation.

Next step is to get the requirements and see if there is a match ...

Thanks to everyone who helped me

Yes this is the sensor and its information and this is a link with all sensor information

I want the sensor to read the gas pressure inside the cylinder

to determine the amount of remaining gas inside the cylinder

because when the amount of gas is high, the pressure is high also and vice versa

and then connect the sensor with Arduino to send information to the server and finally to mobile app

But I do not know if the sensor read gas pressure inside the cylinder or the gas Pressure flowing from the cylinder slot

The gas used is in cylinder is a propane , the same gas used in cooking and restaurants

i hope you can help me .....

From the datasheet:

Output: 0.5V - 4.5V linear voltage output. 0 psi outputs 0.5V, 50 psi outputs 2.5V, 100 psi outputs 4.5V

so you need to connect it to an analog port of the Arduino,

do an AnalogRead() in the code and convert that value 0..1023 to pressure (linear mapping)

You can start with one of the analogRead examples provided by the IDE and add the conversion formula.
first print it to serial and if that works have a look at the network examples to see how to send data to a server.

That should help you to getting started.

If it does not work (and that can happen to all of us) please post your code.

Success!

Propane is a liquid in the tank. For this reason the pressure remains fairly constant until you get to the very end of the tank. You will find a lot of information on this topic here:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=508949

Of course it is the same person. If it is not the same person it is his classmate.

So you have one or two guys that don't know how to do a google search and know nothing about the properties of liquefied petroleum gas...throw in some explosive vapor, a drill bit on a steel tank, electricity, sparks....what could possibly go wrong?

Very Funny... Darwinism at its best. I think they need to build a ding-dong sensor. Something that taps the tank and something else that listens for a degree of ding or dong. Full tanks go ding and empty tanks go dong. Some ding-dong college students obviously go both. Actually a sonar based sensor would really be their best bet if they don't want to weigh it.

Actually that sensor will probably work if they only want to do something like light a green, yellow or red LED. It says compatibility is 316L stainless steel so that covers propane. I would probably buy one of these cheap mechanical gauges at the same time and try pulling the display and re-threading it for the sensor. Looks like the ding-dong meter is already a product.... But building a servo to automatically bang it with a hammer might be fun to watch. Something straight out of Top-Gear's playbook.

If you release the vapor fast enough, you can see the liquid level by the ring of frost around the cylinder, but...NAHH.

mashael11993:
I want the sensor to read the gas pressure inside the cylinder
to determine the amount of remaining gas inside the cylinder
because when the amount of gas is high, the pressure is high also and vice versa

The gas used is in cylinder is a propane

Wrong.
When gas is used, the liquid propane will evaporate and replace the used gas, resulting in the same pressure.
Gas pressure is highly dependant on temperature, so all you get from that pressure sensor is the temperature of the tank. And a 100psi sensor is at it's limit when the tank is >=18 degrees C (200psi@43C).
Leo..

Well maybe what they are really trying to make is a propane tank thermometer.

deg C PSIG

54 257
43 197
38 172
32 149
27 128
16 92
-1 51
-18 24
-29 11
-43 0

Here in the high mountains of Colorado, you best bury your propane tank to keep it warm or you don't get much heat on those -24F nights with only 10psig of propane pressure.

Does this mean I can not know how much gas pressure inside cylinder by this sensor cause gas type ?

No, the statement is that you can measure the pressure
BUT
as long as part of the "gas" is liquid it will not tell you anything about how full the cylinder is.

You should forget about using explosive gasses. If you really have your heart set on a pressure sensor, use an air cylinder instead. A simple relationship between p,v,t will make this doable for you.

Actually you can 100% learn how much gas pressure is inside of your cylinder (not with this sensor as it only goes to 100psi). But the gas just does not covary with volume as much as it covarys with temperature. You need to think about measuring that volume of "liquid" propane like you would measure "liquid" gasoline in a gasoline tank. Big propane tanks use a mechanical float just like many tanks to know the current liquid level. And remember that either can blow up and you could lose your life.

When propane is cooled and pressurized enough it turns to liquid. That is mostly what is in the tank until the very end.

If you use some of the gas to cook your hamburgers, some of that pressure is released. But rather than lower the pressure in the tank, more of the liquid propane just evaporates (turns from liquid back to gas). How much evaporates depends on how many hamburgers you cooked. The liquid keeps evaporating until the pressure is back where it was, keeping the remaining propane in liquid form. What pressure is basically related to temperature and not volume.

This would be different if the contents of the cylinder were ONLY gas which is actually the case once all the liquid form of propane has evaporated. Or in the case of compressed air tanks like are used to fill automobile tires or scuba tanks. Do you think a strong enough tank of plain air could be cooled and compressed enough to turn to liquid? Turns out it can. You only have to cool it to a bit more than -194.35 C.

So you can get three versions of pressure in the "Liquid" propane tank using a pressure sensor.

Full - Pressure in the tank is at equilibrium pressure based on current temperature.
Almost Empty - Pressure in the tank is actually dropping because all of the liquid form of propane has evaporated
Empty - There is no pressure in the tank.

Do you know how a "pressure cooker" works in a kitchen? The lid on the pan keeps water under pressure so it won't boil. By not boiling the food cooks with really hot water instead of all that steam (water as vapor rather than liquid). Water transfers heat a lot faster so it cooks a lot quicker. But the key to doing that is pressure.

Does this mean I can not know how much gas pressure inside cylinder by this sensor cause gas type ?

Close... You can 100% know how much pressure in inside the cylinder by this (type of) sensor. But because the pressure inside is related to the tank temperature and not how much "LIQUID" not "GAS" is in the cylinder you really only know how cold it is, not how much liquid remains. Again, you need to be thinking about how to measure LIQUID is left if that is what you want to know. The only way for this to vary with volume is again weight.

If the riddle you are trying to solve is how do you know how much gas pressure is inside of a non empty propane tank then you probably need a thermometer.

If the riddle you are trying to solve is how do you know how much Liquid form of propane is inside of a non empty propane tank then you need to either have something inside floating to tell you on the outside, weight it, use something like sonar to find the inside surface level of the liquid compared to the top of the tank, find out on the outside where the liquid is cold and the gas inside is warm to know where the surface level of liquid is inside the tank, or anything else that does VARY with the level of liquid, because the pressure of the gas form of the propane inside the tank, does not.

For some reason you are having trouble with the idea that you are trying to measure LIQUID and not GAS. Or that you need a thermometer to know the pressure. Or if you do know the pressure you really only know it has propane and the approximate temperature, or it is nearly empty because the pressure is actually changing, or it is indeed empty because there is no pressure.

Out of curiosity, where does your question come from? I have found that the Arduino Forum Free University is often leveraged for other paid academic pursuits. This one sounds like an academic challenge more than a DIYer.

Here in the high mountains of Colorado

Here too. -18F the other night. Last year we had quite a few -30 to -35 F nights.

I have another question
Can be used [ gas flow rate ] !
To calculate the amount of gas flowing during the time
Through it can determine the remaining amount of gas in cylinder by subtract the value of the gas flowing from the full gas

Example
If the value of full gas in cylinder = 100
sensor told us that the value of gas flowing 20
100-20 = 80
So we can calculate the remaining amount of gas in cylinder ?
Is it an effective way ?