Gear for sending data to ThingSpeak

Hi

I'd like to send data from my various Arduino projects to ThingSpeak. I just cant get the WIFI set up. I bought (foolishly perhaps) an ESP8266 shield from https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311729174036 and as i try it out and I read about it I learn that it's a hard piece of electronics to get working.
I like programming censors and compute readings, not waste time on the WIFI issue.

Is there anything you'd recommend as a hardware kit to make it easy and out-of-the-box like? I've more or less abandoned the thing I've already got.

Kind regards,
Chris

Not foolishly at all. The ESP8266 is the recognised way to go for WiFi. For your purposes, the NodeMCU may have been a better choice, but one ESP8266 is much the same as another and getting it, or something like it, is likely to just move the problem rather than fix it.

I therefore submit you should stick with what you’ve got and learn to use it properly. You might start on that path by being more forthcoming about what the problem actually is.

https://tttapa.github.io/ESP8266/Chap01%20-%20ESP8266.html

Nick_Pyner:
I therefore submit you should stick with what you've got and learn to use it properly. You might start on that path by being more forthcoming about what the problem actually is.

I just ask what I need instead, not what to do with the stuff I've got. I don't consider my question answered.

Your question WAS answered. If you do not care for the answer, you might try asking elsewhere.....

The answer is: you have the hardware that you need for your stated purpose. The solution is to improve your abilities and go into detail of where you are having problems,,, not give up, throw it in the trash because it is too hard to learn, and look for something else.

eloquent and precise response Nic. Cudos!

Tough guy, eh? Wonder what you miss in your life since you find reason to even reply.
Is there a MUST REPLY function in your browser? Or is ignoring the topic possible after all?

chrven:
Or is ignoring the topic possible after all?

It is possible, and you might find quite a lot of people doing that.