General best practices with wireless signals. Continuous transmission ok?

Greetings.

I'm sending signals continuously from one arduino to the other, and have the code execute according to these signals, is this a bad practice?

I'm working on a project where I can control my electric blinds automatically and have them shut down at 12am with a locally connected board, as well as a wireless signal. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=356223.0

However, just incase I want to override the automatic closing and opening procedure and close the blinds wirelessly during the day. Therefore I send an integer value from the transmitter to the receiver arduino.

Using an on-off-on toggle switch I tansmit values:

ON: If the code is 11, the blinds is wirelessly opened, and this overrides any time based automatic closing procedure on the local arduino connected to the blind..

ON: If the code is 22, the blinds is wirelessly closed and this again overrides any time based automatic opening procedure on the local arduino connected to the blind..

OFF: However if the toggle switch is in off position, I again send code 33 continously and this tells the local receiver arduino that its in automode.

I'm just not sure if continously transmitting these variables is a good practice.

is this a bad practice?

Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on whether you are sending data faster than it can be read, or if you are reading, and using, data faster than it can be sent.

And, on whether you are paying be the letter...

And, on whether the receiver needs to KNOW that the transmitter is still in range.

In your case, it does seem like a bad idea.

At the same time, neither processor is doing much of anything else most of the time anyway, so what the heck, send away.
Do you have the receiver Alert you somehow if it hasn't received any messages in a while?

No alerts. But now that I think of it, the local arduino connected to blinds should at least do something if it doesnt receive any signals, I'll setup a red led for this I think plus keep the blinds open.

Thank you.

Continuous just adds to the noise pollution.

Paul