General Feasibility Question

So my plan requires that I constantly GET data from an API and then within seconds output it to a device. The problem is I don't know if constantly getting API data every few seconds is reasonable for power reasons. If it is plugged into an outlet would there be a problem with high electricity usage? It would only be using LED lights, Arduino, and the API.

What is API...???

What is 'high electricity usage'?

gassight:
The problem is I don't know....

Find that out.

bluejets:
What is API...???

Something to get external data into your internal project or an Application Programming Interface.

You are just spraying meaningless technobabble about, and saying nothing. You might try telling us what you actually want t do and, most particularly, any perceived problems, and why. One thing you can be reasonably sure about is that your average Arduino project, plugged into a wall outlet, is not likely to cause a power problem, so you might start by elaborating about why you think it might.

Nick_Pyner:
You are just spraying meaningless technobabble about, and saying nothing. You might try telling us what you actually want t do and, most particularly, any perceived problems, and why. One thing you can be reasonably sure about is that your average Arduino project, plugged into a wall outlet, is not likely to cause a power problem, so you might start by elaborating about why you think it might.

It all has meaning to it but anyways here is an elaboration. I basically want to hook up an Arduino which gets data from the YouTube API and every time someone follows an LED flashes. I am worried that my electrical bill will be much more expensive since the Arduino will be getting data from the API every second or two.

I am worried that my electrical bill will be much more expensive since the Arduino will be getting data from the API every second or two.

It uses so little power, probably less than 1/100th of a 40W lightbulb. Any why so often? Mine polls the Youtube API every half hour, as well as the weather API, and local NEWS feed ev ry hour.

missdrew:
It uses so little power, probably less than 1/100th of a 40W lightbulb. Any why so often? Mine polls the Youtube API every half hour, as well as the weather API, and local NEWS feed ev ry hour.

Thank you!!!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.