general oppinion on adding regulators

so when your using attiny chips, do you think its generally worth adding 7805 voltage regulators to the circuit before the chip just as a precautionary measure?

obviously that specific one is for 5v circuits but as the tiny chips run on 5v i pulled that one up for my uses.

Why? If you already have 5v, you CANNOT use that as an I/P for 7805, as that needs at least 7v I/P to give you 5v O/P. If you have >5v then you will need to use a linear regulator or a buck regulator to give you your 5v.

IamFof: Why? If you already have 5v, you CANNOT use that as an I/P for 7805, as that needs at least 7v I/P to give you 5v O/P. If you have >5v then you will need to use a linear regulator or a buck regulator to give you your 5v.

Okay, so can you recommend any sceptic ones? Linear ones ain't really worth a penny.

What is your supply voltage, and what is the current draw of your project?

5v supply capable of delivering 1amp

probably no more than 150ma per circuit. one regulator desired per circuit as they are in different locations and running 3 circuits.

So what's the problem? Assuming that's a regulated supply, just connect it to the Vcc pin of the ATtiny.

@Secretreeve You ask about using a 7805, but then say

Linear ones ain't really worth a penny.

7805 is a linear regulator.