General question about my circuit

I’m building a line follower for my school project and I haven’t had any problems until the moment when I had to build the circuit for the sensors, I ended up connecting (in my scheme) one sensor GND and VCC to the other and then, connecting both cables to the 5V and the GND from my arduino UNO. I don’t know if it’s the optimal thing to do.

I’m also not sure if using a 9V battery or using 9V AAAs would be the best option, I’d like to listen to your thoughts since I’m very unexperienced.

I’ll post my scheme to clarify what I said. If you see any mistake, anything that should be added, anything that should be changed or removed, pls, let me know, I’ll appreciate it a lot. Thanks in advance!! :).

Hi,

The connection should be OK.

Suggest 6-AA (9V) batteries; I use that and robot runs for 4 or 5 hours no problem..

terryking228:
Hi,

The connection should be OK.

Suggest 6-AA (9V) batteries; I use that and robot runs for 4 or 5 hours no problem..

Alright! Thanks for the suggestion, appreciate it! :slight_smile:

AA batteries have a MUCH higher capacity (and current supply ability) than a 9V block.

For your setup, you can also use 2 or 3 Li-ion batteries (3.7V nominal), depending on the motor ratings.

Note that your L298 H-bridge loses about 2V of the input voltage. So a 9V input gives 7V or so to your motors. It's an old design, thereare much better ones out there - I'm currently playing with the MOSFET-based TB6612FNG which costs only marginally more than the L298N - probably in part as it doesn't need that massive heat sink as it's losses are far lower.

wvmarle:
AA batteries have a MUCH higher capacity (and current supply ability) than a 9V block.

For your setup, you can also use 2 or 3 Li-ion batteries (3.7V nominal), depending on the motor ratings.

Note that your L298 H-bridge loses about 2V of the input voltage. So a 9V input gives 7V or so to your motors. It's an old design, thereare much better ones out there - I'm currently playing with the MOSFET-based TB6612FNG which costs only marginally more than the L298N - probably in part as it doesn't need that massive heat sink as it's losses are far lower.

I'll keep it in mind, specially what you said about the H-bridge, thanks for the advice :slight_smile: