if (Serial.available() > 0) {
    incomingByte = Serial.read();
    Serial.println(incomingByte, DEC);
    }
    incomingByte = 0;
    }
    can someone explain what the highlighted section means im just not sure

thank you

Pin 1 and Pin 0 are the TX/RX of the hardware serial port.

Alright so like pin 1 and 0 on the arduino or what please explain more

Alright so like pin 1 and 0 on the arduino or what please explain more

Like peace, love, dove, solid, and right on!

alright well im still effin confused lol so pin 1 and 0 on the arduino are TX and RX? Or do i connect the TX/RX to the apropiat pin on the transmitter?

Tx (transmitt) is where data goes out, and Rx (receive) is where data comes in.

Yes I no that so do I connect the data output on the transmitter for sending to tx or pin1 or 2

There are only two pins. It wouldn't take all that much to hook it up one way to see if it works. If not, hook it up the other way.

The highlighted code does nothing, they are just notes (everything between /* and */ are notes and don't effect the code) telling you TX is digital pin 1 and RX is digital pin 2.

As for what TX and RX do (what I think your real question is): TX and RX are used by the Arduino to talk to Serial. So if you want to hook up your Arduino to, say, an Xport you'd have to change the TX and RX in the software and hook up your Xport to the new pins. Also if you're trying to write something to the Serial Port or read something from the Serial Port and have a sensor or something plugged into pins 0 or 1 then things will get messed up when you run the sketch.