Generate 62.5MHz signal with 5 voltage levels

I'm working on my own communication protocol for a research project. As a start I want to emulate the Gigabit Ethernet protocol which has 2 properties:
-- Uses 5 voltage levels to encode information
-- Operates on a wavelength of 62.5MHz or more

I have a few questions:

1. What are good FPGAs or programmable devices that operates and can generate and modulate 70MHz signals?
  2. Since GPIO pins only produce two voltage levels (0V and high), would a voltage translator be a good option to produce 5 different voltage levels? If not what are some techniques I can use to achieve this?

This does not seem to be an Arduino problem?

...R

No it's not, that's why I'm posting it in the general projects section. Is this the right place for that?

You are going to have to do better than just saying "no it is not". You are going to have to say why it is not.

jeskiddin:
No it's not, that's why I'm posting it in the general projects section. Is this the right place for that?

This entire Forum is for Arduino questions - it's in the Forum name :slight_smile:

...R

Well there is a subforum for other microprocessors but that's all Arduino-like microprocessors and the job you have at hand doesn't sound like it's fit for a general purpose microprocessor.

jeskiddin:
No it's not...

The next obvious question: Is it an project open source?

You have to solve two issues, with the software being the easy one. Transmitting multiple voltage levels over a line requires good electronics and RF knowledge, so that the receiver will safely distinguish the different levels. Do you already have such transmitter/receiver circuits working?

If you want something like gigabit ethernet, why don't you just use a gigabit ethernet transceiver?