Generating MAP and Symbol Tables from linker

Hi, I am not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this question but I could not find a clear category... If not please let me know where to redirect it.

I am experiencing some issues with what appears to be memory corruption. I am pretty sure I do not have a stray pointer; the issue is that I have some static arrays of characters being corrupted. Other issues are if I reduce the number of elements then it all works fine.

I suspect I have exceeded my memory allocation and am tripping with working storage but I cannot tell without a decent emulator.

Can you please help me work out how to generate a map file and symbol table from the linker? Can someone also please point me to a memory map for the UNO so I can see where the code should sit and where the variables should sit - and make sure there is no overlaps?

Thanks,

Bryon

Hi, you can use avr-size. It's in the same directory as avrdude (should be Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin under the Arduino program directory). In order to locate the target file (it's in a temp directory) you can set the "Display verbose output during compilation" flag in the Arduino preferences window. Run avr-size on that file and you should get the information you need.

but I cannot tell without a decent emulator.

Or, you could post the code.