Generating power for an arduiono with something other than a battery

Title says it all, science teacher has given us limitations, no battery, but we can use chemical reactions. Any ideas??

Consider Solar power and a supercap, or a wind, water or hand cranked generator.

Citrus https://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.php?id=2390

Ok im sorry, i forgot to add something else, No solar power. I was thinking something like an oxygen canister that provides power. Thanks for the replies

How would an oxygen canister provide power?

Seems like your teacher wants you to make your own battery. To my mind any chemical reaction that generates electricity is a form of battery.

I have come across simple demos of potatoes being used to generate tiny amounts of electricity. In most cases when two dissimilar metals are separated by an electrolyte solution a current will pass between them - it is a major cause of corrosion in steel structures at sea. Google is your friend.

I think many of the effective electricity-generating chemical reactions are dangerous so be very careful.

…R

Can you use hydro power from a running tap.
Leo…

Wind generator is always a good one. Use a cylinder full of compressed air to drive it to get a constant "wind".

Steve

slipstick: Use a cylinder full of compressed air to drive it to get a constant "wind".

Don't call us, we'll call you :)

...R

Strictly speaking, a battery is more than one cell. So, if you can get your design to run at 1.5V (a single AA, for example), problem solved 8)

Neutrideo: Title says it all, science teacher has given us limitations, no battery, but we can use chemical reactions. Any ideas??

If reactions are allowed, then batteries are, since they use chemical reactions.

Perhaps the constraint is "make your own"?

Chemical reactions can evolve gasses, generate heat and light... Lots of ideas there I think.