Genuino Micro cannot install driver on win 8 and 10

Hello,

I'm having issues installing Genuino Micro Drivers.
When I connect the board it appears under Other Devices> ATm32U4DFU. If I try to update the driver pointing to the folder Arduino/drivers it says:

Windows could not find driver software for your device.

My HW platform is a brand new Genuino Micro and the IDE version is 1.6.6.

I tried it on Windows 8 and 10.

Thanks,

Andrea

This can be the problem Tried that?

Thanks, Unfortunately is not that…already tried. :frowning:
additionally I though that new IDE versions have solved this signature problem as the readme file in the driver folder says so.

It is like if the PC is not recognize the board name, I was expecting to see Genuino Micro in the Device Manager, not ATm32U4DFU.

Thanks anyway!

ATm32U4DFU does not look weird to me because it's the micro controller (that does the USB) on a Arduino Micro (ATmega32U4).

You can try to uninstall it completely first. Then replug it and try again.

Btw, i wasn't aware they finally fixed the driver issue, about time!

ATm32U4DFU means the Arduino manufacturer missed putting the Arduino Micro bootloader on the chip and shipped it out with the Atmel factory DFU bootloader on it instead. Use an external programmer or another working Arduino as ISP programmer, and burn the bootloader on it. Do you have any other working Arduino you can use as an ISP programmer, and if so, what Arduino is it?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I have an Arduino due.

Can I use Flip from Atmel instead to load the Arduino Bootloader directly from the USB?
Do you know where I can find the Arduino Bootloader Image for Arduino Micro?

Thanks,

Andrea

It seems I can program it with Flip.
Do you know where I can find the right HEX file for the Micro?

Cheers

I do not believe you can use FLIP to install a bootloader.

I don't know if Due can be used with Arduino as ISP. I have no experience with the Due.

The Arduino bootloader is in the IDE. You connect an ISP programmer to your USB port, and to the target Arduino's ICSP header, select the programmer type from the menu Tools, Programmer, select the target board type from the Tools, Board menu, then select on the menu Tools, Burn Bootloader.

Detailed instructions for using an Arduino as ISP (I don't know if the Due works for this, but I know other ATmega-based Arduinos work).

It may be a good idea to have another Arduino around, derivative Nanos and Unos are inexpensive.