Get analog signal from battery to a USB type C pin

Hi everybody.

We are currently in the proces of developing a new (sanitary) product. This product needs rechargeable power and therefor we are using a powerbank. In our product we have a customized ESP32 chip that will control our product.

What we are now trying to achive is to transfer the "battery power level" from the powerbank to our ESP32. Because I need to explain what I try to achive to the manufacturer of the powerbank, I thought to demonstrate it. We now transforming the voltage of the batteries into "remaining power" isn't completely accurate, but it doesn't have to be. It's only an estimation.

So I have a powerbank connected to the arduino (uno) and I get the voltage of the powerbank (the real voltage of the batteries, not the 5V that it outputs due to the booster) on the serial monitor. This is done by the build in ADC on the Arduino Uno.

Now, how do I translate that to a (data) pin of a USB type C plug?
What do I need to achieve this?

I'm not a professional, just a interested entrepeneur trying to achieve what he needs :slight_smile:

Mostly depends on what is on the other end of the USB type C plug.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Mostly depends on what is on the other end of the USB type C plug.

Paul

Hi Paul,

We can configure the USB-C plug on our ESP32 like we want so any option is possible for us. At this moment we only use the 5V/GND pins on the USB-C on our side.