Get coordinates of object within 1 km radius

Hello all, I m building a project of tracking the path of a moving object. so i have to measure the coordinates of the object continuously in real-time. What device should i use to measure the coordinates? is there any other algorithm to be used? Would Positional Sensors help? plz help as i have 15 days to submit project.

well, only in a radius of 1 km. i want to track the car or any moving object having a device by which it can be tracked.

real-time is my need in this case and budget is not a constraint.. i can spare a few more bucks if needed.

real-time is my need in this case and budget is not a constraint.. i can spare a few more bucks if needed.

I'd think that for ~$5k+ somebody might make and send you a solution with in 15 days. Otherwise you maybe SOL if you haven't sorted out your project as to the hardware and software you intend to use. Have you done any more than just having a general "idea" about the project?

Cell phone with GPS set to transmit the data ever so many seconds via text messaging.

http://www.travelbygps.com/articles/tracking.php

I think there's an app for both iPhone and Android phones.