Get exit status 1 after compiling

After installing the latest version, from 1.5.8 , i get this error compiling a large sketch.
In the previos version i works fine

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 8.1), Board:"Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware" -hardware "D:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\hardware" -tools "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder" -tools "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr" -built-in-libraries "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries" -libraries "D:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\libraries" -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -ide-version=10608 -build-path "C:\Users\HFA73~1.ARE\AppData\Local\Temp\build941d9540adeb43f13f617ff6b60cde80.tmp" -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "D:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\ArduKMoto\ArduKMotoStep16a\ArduKMotoStep16a.ino"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware" -hardware "D:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\hardware" -tools "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder" -tools "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr" -built-...................................
\libraries\AccelStepper" "C:\Users\HFA73~1.ARE\AppData\Local\Temp\build941d9540adeb43f13f617ff6b60cde80.tmp\sketch\ArduKMotoStep16a.ino.cpp" -o "nul"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10608 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" "-ID:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\libraries\Streaming" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire\src" "-ID:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\libraries\Time" "-ID:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C" "-ID:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\libraries\DS1307RTC" "-ID:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\libraries\AccelStepper" "C:\Users\HFA73~1.ARE\AppData\Local\Temp\build941d9540adeb43f13f617ff6b60cde80.tmp\sketch\ArduKMotoStep16a.ino.cpp" -o "C:\Users\HFA73~1.ARE\AppData\Local\Temp\build941d9540adeb43f13f617ff6b60cde80.tmp\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
Tracking:50: error: unterminated argument list invoking macro "F"

Bibliotheek Streaming in map: D:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\libraries\Streaming (legacy) wordt gebruikt
Bibliotheek Wire op versie 1.0 in map: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire wordt gebruikt
Bibliotheek Time op versie 1.5 in map: D:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\libraries\Time wordt gebruikt
Bibliotheek LiquidCrystal_I2C op versie 1.1.2 in map: D:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C wordt gebruikt
Bibliotheek DS1307RTC op versie 1.4 in map: D:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\libraries\DS1307RTC wordt gebruikt
Bibliotheek AccelStepper in map: D:\Gebruikers\user\Arduino\libraries\AccelStepper (legacy) wordt gebruikt
exit status 1
unterminated argument list invoking macro "F"

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Firstly, post your code so that others can try it.

Are you saying 1.5.8 or 1.6.8? Your first line talks about 1.5.8, but the output shows 1.6.8 ??

When upgrading from 1.5.x, you often have to delete these (these store settings - and apparently 1.6.x isn't smart enough to not be broken by 1.5.x debris.

On Mac OS X:
/Users/(username)/Library/Arduino15

On Windows:
C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15

On Linux:
/home/(username)/.arduino15 (a.k.a. ~/.arduino15)

Also, 1.6.6 and later are just flat out buggy with regards to compilation (1.6.8 also has a nasty bug with serial port handling on Windows that causes it to continually reset any board connected unless serial monitor is open). I recommend 1.6.5r5 until they do a release that works.

When you post your code, we will probably find that this is the key line:

Tracking:50: error: unterminated argument list invoking macro "F"

When you post your code:

1. Use CTRL-T in the Arduino IDE to autoformat your code.
  2. Paste the autoformatted code between code tags (the </> button)
    so that we can easily see and deal with your code.

Hi DrAzzy,

I ran into the comm problems as well. After removing the still present 1.5 version map in roaming and completely removing the 1.6 version i installed the 1.6.5 version and all is well again.
Thanks for the suggestions.