get the direction using gps without compass

Hello

I am using a gps with arduino to get the specific direction of the car ( north, south,,,etc) ,I got the Latitude and Longitude but not the exact direction. is there any way to get it without using compass ?

(deleted)

You need to make at least two readings, and subtract the first from the second. More here.

Arduino supports only single precision floating point, which is not precise enough for the above calculation.

spycatcher2:
take 2 readings, and use a little maths.

jremington:
Arduino supports only single precision floating point, which is not precise enough for the above calculation.

NeoGPS is very careful to avoid losing precision in these calculations. It is the only library that does this.

Method for calculating bearing (i.e., direction) between two locations is here and used in the NMEAaverage example here. NeoGPS is also smaller, faster and more reliable than all other GPS libraries. It is available from the Arduino IDE Library Manager, under the menu Sketch -> Include Library -> Manage Libraries.

spycatcher2k:
take 2 readings, and use a little maths.

And the 2 readings must be some distance apart - not both at the same place. , The further apart the better.

…R