Getting an error with XBee Lib

I just downloaded the XBee Library form the arduino libraries page, and copied the folder "XBee" to the libraries folder (I'm using arduino v1). And I tried to upload the Series1_IoSamples example, but Im getting this error:

Series1_IoSamples.cpp:21:27: error: NewSoftSerial.h: No such file or directory Series1_IoSamples.pde:-1: error: 'NewSoftSerial' does not name a type Series1_IoSamples.cpp: In function 'void setup()': Series1_IoSamples.pde:-1: error: 'nss' was not declared in this scope Series1_IoSamples.cpp: In function 'void loop()': Series1_IoSamples.pde:-1: error: 'nss' was not declared in this scope Series1_IoSamples.pde:-1: error: 'nss' was not declared in this scope Series1_IoSamples.pde:-1: error: 'nss' was not declared in this scope

And this error message for Series1_Rx:

Series1_Rx.cpp:25:27: error: NewSoftSerial.h: No such file or directory In file included from Series1_Rx.cpp:24: D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:151: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before 'class' D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:322: error: expected class-name before '{' token D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:333: error: expected class-name before '{' token D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:529: error: expected class-name before '{' token D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:705: error: 'XBeeResponse' has not been declared D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:710: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'XBeeResponse' with no type D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:710: error: expected ';' before '&' token D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:731: error: 'XBeeResponse' does not name a type Series1_Rx.pde:-1: error: 'XBeeResponse' does not name a type Series1_Rx.cpp: In function 'void loop()': Series1_Rx.pde:-1: error: no matching function for call to 'XBee::getResponse()' D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:705: note: candidates are: void XBee::getResponse(int&) Series1_Rx.pde:-1: error: no matching function for call to 'XBee::getResponse()' D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:705: note: candidates are: void XBee::getResponse(int&) Series1_Rx.pde:-1: error: no matching function for call to 'XBee::getResponse()' D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:705: note: candidates are: void XBee::getResponse(int&) Series1_Rx.pde:-1: error: no matching function for call to 'XBee::getResponse()' D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:705: note: candidates are: void XBee::getResponse(int&) Series1_Rx.pde:-1: error: no matching function for call to 'XBee::getResponse()' D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:705: note: candidates are: void XBee::getResponse(int&) Series1_Rx.pde:-1: error: no matching function for call to 'XBee::getResponse()' D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:705: note: candidates are: void XBee::getResponse(int&) Series1_Rx.pde:-1: error: no matching function for call to 'XBee::getResponse()' D:\PROJECT\AVR\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee/XBee.h:705: note: candidates are: void XBee::getResponse(int&)

And this error message for Series1_Rx: Series1_Tx.cpp:21:27: error: NewSoftSerial.h: No such file or directory

I'm using Arduino UNO, Series1 XBee and arduino v1 software Why this lib is not working for me... please help..

Thanx

NewSoftSerial has been replaced by SoftwareSerial in Arduino 1.0, so you need to do the same in the sketch.

#include <NewSoftSerial.h>

becomes:

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

and

NewSoftSerial nss(ssRX, ssTX);

becomes:

SoftwareSerial nss(ssRX, ssTX);

Thanx dxw00d… It works now…

and also, in the example sketch it says “The remote radio must have IR > 0”. What this means?