Getting data from gps

Hi guys

Im newby with Arduido.

I have bough an “ARDUINO MEGA 2560 REV3” and the “ADAFRUIT ULTIMATE GPS LOGGER SHIELD PARA ARDUINO”.
and im trying this code

#include <Adafruit_GPS.h>
#include <SPI.h>

#ifdef __AVR__
  #include <SoftwareSerial.h>
#endif

#define GPS_ECHO true
#define mySerial Serial1

#define ledPin     13

Adafruit_GPS GPS(&mySerial);

void loop()
{
    if (GPS.newNMEAreceived())
    {
      Serial.println(GPS.lastNMEA());

if (!GPS.parse(GPS.lastNMEA())) //this also sets the newNMEAreceived() flag to false
         return;

//this is only to see if this code if being useful
		digitalWrite(ledPin, HIGH);
        delay(500);
        digitalWrite(ledPin, LOW);
        delay(500);
    }

Serial.println("done");
}

The gps switch is in software serial.

Why can not get a gps data with this code? and what I have to do get it? and
can some tell me how to use the hardwareserial and if a have to do some connection in the board.

thankyou very much

(deleted)

Adafruits says:
Soft Serial connection works on Uno/Duemilanove/Dicemila Arduinos as well as Leonardos. It does not work on Mega as the Mega does not have Soft Serial suppotr on pins 7 and 8.

but if a run a empty sketch (just with setup and loop functions) and the switch in direct mode, I can see the gps data through the serial com.

For that motive I want to now how can I get this data, I dont care whether is in direct mode.

thankyou

(deleted)

Hi spycatcher2k

In the manual I only see the explanation for the leonards board, that says that comment some lines in the setup function and modifying the pint 3 and 2 to 8 and 7.

Can you tell me what modifications I have to do to get working with the arduino mega?

other question.
if the sofware serial if most useful for debbuging, how can I get the data in direct connect and work with them?
The direct connect is 'like' for the final product, does it?

Thank you for your prompt answer

Any help with this, please

Hallo, did you solve? I have the same problem...