Getting mad about libraries

Hello…i have found a scanner sketch…my lcd screen it´s on 0x27 address…
And i use an arduino uno

I have installed newliquidcrystal library…but i have found it´s really madness to compile lcd sketches…
You have one library working and compiling sketches and other sketches doesn´t work…i have tried to install more libraries but i am not able to compile 99% sketches i have found

Could you recomend some libraries please? i am really stuck about this…

chichiforever:
Hello..i have found a scanner sketch..my lcd screen it´s on 0x27 address..
And i use an arduino uno

I have installed newliquidcrystal library..but i have found it´s really madness to compile lcd sketches..
You have one library working and compiling sketches and other sketches doesn´t work...i have tried to install more libraries but i am not able to compile 99% sketches i have found

Could you recomend some libraries please? i am really stuck about this..

I advise you to use "hd44780" library.

Or similar can be found on almost any topic about LCDs.
Horses often have blinders. But you should be able to look around you.

As ZinggJM said, there are many many MANY threads about this topic.
In terms of the newLiquidCrystal library, if you have issues with some things working and some not after installation, then the library was not installed properly. This is a common issue as that library can have issues if installed "normal" way libraries are installed.
Also, with fm's newLiquidCrystal library with PCF8574 based backpacks, you will have to look at your backack to determine the pin mappings between the PCF8574 chip and the LCD module as there are several different designs and the default that comes with the library will more than likely not work for you, unless you happen to have purchased one of fm's LCD xIO boards that was sold MANY years ago.
While it is not difficult to come up with the mappings, many users either don't have the skills to do it, or simply won't do it, so it won't work with their h/w.

chichiforever:
Hello..i have found a scanner sketch..my lcd screen it´s on 0x27 address..
And i use an arduino uno

You didn't say what type of lcd you have, but if you have a hd44780 display and a PCF8574 based backpack, then I would recommend you install and use the hd44780 library.
I designed it to offer a plug and play experience with that h/w as it will auto locate the i2c address and auto detect the pin mappings used between the PCF8574 chip and the hd44780 display.
It is easy to install directly from the IDE, is faster than the other libraries, and does not interfere with any other LCD libraries.

Install it from the IDE using the IDE library manager. Don't use a zip file from the github repository unless you have some strange reason to be using a very old IDE prior to 1.6.2 that does not have network installation capability.

Once installed, you can find Documentation in the Documentation sketch.
Assuming you have a hd44780 lcd and a PCF8574 based i2c backpack, you will be using the hd44780_I2Cexp i/o class.

The first sketch you should run is the I2CexpDiag sketch. It will verify that everything is working by testing the i2c signals and the LCD internal memory.

Here is a link to the hd44780 git repository:

All the documentation on the github repository, including the wiki is accessible through the IDE using the included Documentation sketch that comes with the hd44780 library.

--- bill

Horses?? hahaha i like germans, very intelligent people!!congratulations,very funny. good programmer and funny!! so perfect!!

Thank you bperrybap..
I have got a pcf 8574 chip..
I have delete newliquidcrystal and installed from libraries hd44780..

Testing your I2Cexpdiag example i see my lcd screen its lcd:0 and its on 0x27 address and P01245673H....then i see bl:off and the screen light off three times and then i see a time counter..

But this its my first day on lcd screen..and i want to thank you for your help.. this will be a long ride for me

chichiforever,
I'm a little confused by your last post.
You mentioned a backpack but then also the LCD keypad shields.
Those are very different devices.

Which device(s) are you using and what issues are you still having?

Were you able to get your LCD with the backpack up and working with the hd44780 library using the hd44780_I2Cexp i/o class?
For that one, all you need to do is hook up the 4 wires: GND, VCC, SDA, SCL
Then, I2CexpDiag should work or show you any issues it detects.

--- bill

My lcd screen its 2004a and got the pcf8574 chip

hd44780_I2Cexp : this it´s my subclass screen…i think…

No problem…right now…i am trying to figure it out how to read potentiometer (first day)

chichiforever:
hd44780_I2Cexp : this it´s my subclass screen...i think..

Yes.
With that LCD device, you should be able to run any of the examples under:
Examples->hd44780->ioClass->hd44780_I2Cexp

Look at them to see which header files (.h files) to include and how to declare the lcd object for you own sketches.
The API is the same as the LiquidCrystal API with a few enhancements and extensions.

You can look at the readme file that is included in the documentation or on the github page to see the full API.

Once you get going, things will start to get easier.

Have fun.

--- bill

chichiforever:
Horses?? hahaha i like germans, very intelligent people!!congratulations,very funny. good programmer and funny!! so perfect!!

Great! So I could contribute to your amusement!
Yes, part of my ancestors are from Germany, but the other part is from Switzerland.
And of course the Lake of Luzerne is part of Switzerland.
You’re welcome!

Jean-Marc

Its important to contribute on this ages..
I am from spain far away from perejil island,, ,and i don´t know perejil island..either lucerne lake but sure you live in beautiful land.
So glad to know it.thanks.

And sorry..next time i will take a look before..i dont want to contribute repited topics

Hi Elias

I didn't know about perejil island, but Google found it for me.
I have been on holidays on Ibiza, Formentera, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote. But never on Spain mainland. All good memories.

It is worth listening into your website, thank you.

Jean-Marc.

yes horses plays better yes.
tira anda

esto es perejil

EDIT:ok now i know..i need psycho help..inmediatly and not only watching looking around me..i need to read things more than two times before post anything

This topic was automatically closed after 67 days. New replies are no longer allowed.