Getting started with Arduino Engineering kit

I am trying to set up the Arduino board by connecting it to Matlab but I encounter some problem.

For instance, when I type in the command

carrier = addon(a, 'Arduino/MKRMotorCarrier')

I received this error,

No add-on library uploaded to the board. Please clear and recreate the current arduino object to include the appropriate library. For a listof available libraries, type 'listArduinoLibraries'.

Then I try including Adafruit/MotorShieldV2 but I still get this error after inputting the same above command,

Invalid add-on Library value 'Arduino/MKRMotorCarrier'. Valid libraries are 'Adafruit/MotorShieldV2'.

I did all the previous steps already and yet I get these errors. Or is this Adafruit/MotorShieldV2 just a rename of the Arduino/MKRMotorCarrier?

Why are you surprised it complains about missing 'Arduino/MKRMotorCarrier' when you don't add that library, but another one?

Based on your description I see two quite easy solutions.

1. install Arduino/MKRMotorCarrier (the library you actually try to use), or
  2. change the command to carrier = addon(a, 'Arduino/MotorShieldV2') (use the library you installed).

There is no 'Arduino/MotorShieldV2' or 'Arduino/MKRMotorcarrier' library thus I can't install them. Are you talking about Adafruit/MotorShieldV2? I am afraid that they are not the same thing and will mess up the components if I just assumed that they are the same.

Here are the available libraries,

listArduinoLibraries

ans =

6×1 cell array

{'Adafruit/MotorShieldV2'}
{'I2C' }
{'RotaryEncoder' }
{'SPI' }
{'Servo' }
{'ShiftRegister' }

Ok, miscopied that.

Anyway, I was just looking at the error messages. If you say there's no such thing as an Arduino/MKRMotorcarrier library, where do you get that name from in the first place?

From this site,

https://create.arduino.cc/edu/courses/mod/book/view.php?id=83&chapterid=92

It is a guide for the project

Here ya go spaceduck: GitHub - arduino-libraries/MKRMotorCarrier: Read-only version of arduino-libraries/ArduinoMotorCarrier

They got this thing, called Google ...

Okay thanks but how do I install it?

I went Google to search for how to install and the closest I came across is Install Arduino library to Matlab - MATLAB Answers - MATLAB Central.

However, it is so complex and I have no idea how to install it. Shouldn't the MKRCarrier be installed already after I brought the product? Not to mention the guide(Arduino Profile) did not even mention about installing the MKRCarrier which is so confusing

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you tell us your electronics, programming, Arduino, hardware experience?

Have you programmed an Arduino device before?

Tom.. :slight_smile: