Getting Text Message Data From Arduino to Max

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if its possible to get text message data IN TO Arduino then Max, i have seen a few articles on sending data out not really receiving it.

What i hope to do is get some visual displays that change when a text is received.

is this possible? if do you have so any suggestions on what shields might be best or any possible problems i may encounter such as decoding?

Kinds Regards,

Oli

I was just wondering if its possible to get text message data IN TO Arduino then Max, i have seen a few articles on sending data out not really receiving it.

You're not looking in the right places, then. It is easy to get data into an Arduino, and to send it out.

Of course, how you do that depends on where the data is coming from. You seem to have failed to mention that part.

Hi thanks for the reply,

The title does say ‘text message data’ meaning from a mobile phone, probably should have explain it more clearly.

do you have any ideas? I have had a little look at the GSM shield but as I said previously Im a little unclear if i can send messages to it from another phone?

Regards,

Oli