Getting the Wifly to work on the DUE

Hi,
Im using the Rover Wifly Board with my DUE. Im using the WiflySerial1 library. I compiled and ran the WiflyWebTimeServer sample. Okay, since I didnt configure the Wifly it wouldnt work… So I compiled the wiflySerial1Test project and tried to get into the CMD Mode, but somehow it wont let me configure the Wifly :frowning: thats what I have in the console:

-- Tester for WiFly communication through Serial1 --

Establish communication with WiFly at 9600 bps...
 wifly-EZX Ver 4.00.1, Apr 19 2013 11:47:16 on RN-171
MAC Addr=00:06:66:55:5c:92
*READY*
Auto-Assoc Abcdefgh chan=0 mode=NONE FAILED

and here is the code:

/*******************************************************************************
**                                                                            **
**  A simple sketch for testing communication between WiFly Rn-131C           **
**  and Arduino Mega 2560 or Arduino Due on port Serial1 at 9600 bauds        **
**                                                                            **
**      Arduino          WiFly                                                **
**        GND  ---------  GND                                                 **
**        3V3  -------- 3.3V-RIN                                              **
**      RX1 (19) -------  TX                                                  **
**      TX1 (18) -------  RX                                                  **
**  LPGL 2.0                                                                  **
**  Jean-Michel Gallego                                                       **
*******************************************************************************/

#include <Arduino.h>

void setup()
{
  // initialise serial interface 0 connected to console
  Serial.begin( 9600 );
  Serial.println( " -- Tester for WiFly communication through Serial1 --" );
  Serial.println();
  Serial.println( "Establish communication with WiFly at 9600 bps..." );

Serial1.begin( 9600 );
  delay( 1000 );
  Serial1.print( "$$" ); 
  delay( 300 );
 // Serial1.print( "\rver\r" );
}

/*******************************************************************************
**                                 LOOP ROUTINE                               **
*******************************************************************************/

char ch;

void loop()
{
  while( Serial1.available() )
    Serial.write( Serial1.read() );

if( Serial.available() )
  {
    ch = Serial.read();
    Serial1.write( ch );
  }
}

Okay! I got it working using the WiflyWebTimeServer sketch. I reseted the arduino, opened the Serial Monitor and plugged in the Wifly just in the right moment and it worked. I tried it 12345 times and finally it worked :smiley:

Next step is to establish an UDP connection to another device. I think I’ll use my Macbook and Processing for this…