Getting to Know the Arduino...

Hello! I am new to this forum. This is my first post.

I do not understand the software on the Arduino yet. I looks to me like the programming language is along the lines of C or C++. I am concerned with the capabilities of the Arduino's software. I haven't the slightest clue as to any limits the Arduino has. I would like to know if any commands that C++ usually has have been excluded from the Arduino. I would like to know the Arduino's limitations in software.

If there is any information relevant to what I need, please direct me there. Thank You!

Hello! I am new to this forum. This is my first post.

Welcome!

I looks to me like the programming language is along the lines of C or C++.

The language is C++.

I haven't the slightest clue as to any limits the Arduino has.

The biggest limitation seems to be SRAM (data, stack, and heap). I don't think there are any boards with more than 64K and most boards have considerably less.

I would like to know if any commands that C++ usually has have been excluded from the Arduino.

Templates and classes are fully supported. What's excluded are library functions that are out of place in an embedded environment (like file I/O).

If there is any information relevant to what I need, please direct me there.

Someone else will have to help with that one.

The best way is to follow some of the tutorials available.

Start with simple setups / experiments like reading a switch or blinking a LED.

Then move on to more complicated stuff both for the circuits and the code.

You will find that if you Google enough you can find info on almost anything imaginable with an Arduino :-)

This is good news!

The only limits are the limits that I am not concerned about. Thank you for the information!

Cheers, PhysicsGuy