go threw colors with potmeter without an arduino

hi,

i would like to make small tangibles. With inside, a battery, rgb led, resistors if needed and a potmeter.
Now i was wondering, is it possible to cycle threw the colors of the image with 1 potmeter without an arduino?
And if so, how? The reason i don’t want an arduino is that i have to make quite a lot of them, like 25. And they have to be rather small.

Well, yes, you use an ATtiny chip, programmed using a Uno or a USBISP, rather than a full Arduino board. This is frequently discussed here.

I do have to ask why you want to use a potentiometer? This is the digital age - you use pushbuttons instead of potentiometers, like on modern radios and similar.

I want to make cylinder, and that you can rotate the cylinder to change the color.

I don’t know enough about electronics to know whether you can do what you want without a microprocessor, but I suspect it’s possible.

On the other hand it would be easy with a microprocessor such as an Attiny, not very expensive and probably take less time to construct.

If the 25 devices can be connected together you may be able to do it with a single Arduino - though you may need a Mega with more I/O pins.

…R

clankill3r: I want to make cylinder, and that you can rotate the cylinder to change the color.

Well, for bout 50 cents each, you can use a rotary encoder to do that.

One interesting advantage - unlike a potentiometer you can't damage them by turning past the end-stop as they have no end-stop!