Go to Radio Shack

in the US Radio Shack is going out of buisness Hurry up and go get 20-50% off on all things electronic

Greensprings: in the US Radio Shack is going out of business

Like they did in Australia some years ago?

Greensprings: Hurry up and go get 20-50% off on all things electronic

Have to be careful. 50% off many things at Radio Shack could be 100% more than a decent supplier.

90% off might be better on average. :grinning:

I suspect the air fare would be more than the savings available. Besides, my local suppliers seem pretty darned reasonable. Actually, around these parts we're spoiled for choice. Rapid Electronics are hard to beat for price, service, or availability of stock. I daresay it helps that their head office is just down the road from me here.

Hmmmm, I'm looking for a TRS-80....

Greensprings: in the US Radio Shack is going out of buisness Hurry up and go get 20-50% off on all things electronic

I can beat those "deals" with everyday prices from places like DIP Micro. Tandy is where people who never knew better shop.

JimboZA: Hmmmm, I'm looking for a TRS-80....

I have two in the basement. My UNO has more cpu power ;D

R

rdfeil: I have two in the basement. My UNO has more cpu power ;D

Yeah but not such a nice case ;)

Hi, In Australia the mob that owned Dick Smith Electronics at the time, bought Radio Shack Australia, I think. Then RS disappeared.

E-bay and the internet making purchasing of anything, at any price so easy.

Tom... :)

I'm lucky I have 2 suppliers almost over the road from each other, about a 10 minute drive from home.

There was one a 5 minute walk away, but it burned down.

Hi,

Same here JimboZA, an outlet not far away, and they are a representative/reseller for one of the major Australian electronic stores. They have online sales as well, I worked in their R&d and service area for two years. Also they sell Arduino and Picaxe and Raspberry Pi at reasonable prices.

We had a Tandy, when they were around too.

Tom.... :)