Goals Steps Problems Solutions

I have a very specific idea (goal) for a project I’m aiming for. I am building an analogue synth. Usually the circuits obviously use potentiometers to control a range of parameters i.e pitch, cutoff frequency, ect. I discovered/(Im guessing from watching YouTube videos), that its possible to use digital variable resisters (potentiometers) instead, which would obviously require a range of microcontrollers through out the circuit. I wanted to control the resistance of the digital potentiometers with a force sensitive pad that measures physical force by voltage resistance being sent to the analogue to digital input of a microcontroller. Depending on the pressure decides where the washer sits for digital potentiometers resistance.

I’m not sure how much of a complicated question this is... However, How can I start to break down the process of getting from (leanring code) to my project goal into steps? What are some of the things I can start to investigate i.e the most suitable coding language… C++? Or assembly? How can I effectively investigate the most suitable tools i.e microcontrollers/digital potenciometers

If I can make anything here clearer please let me know.

Thank you very much

the most suitable coding language… C++? Or assembly?

It is C

which would obviously require a range of microcontrollers through out the circuit.

No just one. One micro controller can control many digital pots.

Step one - learn about digital pots with this:-

Note that you might have to have put a signal through it that goes either side of ground. This might make things more difficult than you might think. You might have to use a specific type of digital pot chip.