Good deal on LEDs

I just bought some of these LEDs from this guy on eBay. They arrived pretty quickly considering the distance (3 days from Oregon to NC). I submitted an offer of $2.30 and he accepted. That comes out to around 5 cents per LED (which I think is a good deal :P).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300347700495

Keep in mind these are 3mm 2 volt LEDs, so the resistor requirements may be a bit different than their traditional 5mm counterparts.

Ill have to look for it but for my led cube i ordered 1000 blue led’s with 1000 resistors as well and paid something like 20 bucks to my door :smiley:

Ill see if i can find a link

I submitted an offer of $2.30 and he accepted.

Ouch: with the postage costing $1.29, plus the cost of the mailer, that had to hurt. Even if he got a good deal on the surplus LEDs.

I like these folks for LEDs. Although I liked them more when they were doing free shipping ::slight_smile:

For small experimental quantities, they’re almost as cheap as buying from China, and the parts arrive before you forget the brilliant idea that motivated you to buy them.

Ran

Ouch: with the postage costing $1.29, plus the cost of the mailer, that had to hurt. Even if he got a good deal on the surplus LEDs.

Indeed. I’ve always had a love-hate relationship with the Best Offer function on eBay. Love it because of the raw value you can get if you know how to work these sellers, but I hate it because, having dabbled as a seller myself, I know how bad it is to get those “borderline offers” (the ones right on the line of what you decided to deny vs. accept). I do feel sorry for people when I use Best Offers :-?..

Ill have to look for it but for my led cube i ordered 1000 blue led’s with 1000 resistors as well and paid something like 20 bucks to my door

Ill see if i can find a link

Wow! I’d love to see a link for that :). That’s about 2 cents for an LED and a Resistor :O!

Well, I looked on my ebay account but it was to long ago so i was not able to see the price i payed but im sure it was $20-$30.

I did find a similar order for $50 w free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-1000-X-5mm-Blue-LED-10000-mcd-Free-Resistors_W0QQitemZ390123991420QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad533b17c