Good Dupont wire bridges for breadboards

Can someone recommend good Dupont wire bridges for breadboards?

The standard crap from China is absolutely unusable!

From your post count, looks like you are serious about the hobby.

Review the PDF offered in this link.

DIY
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=376971.msg2599211#msg2599211

Hi,

Good contact with breadboards needs square pins, in my opinion.

See a lot about these interconnections in general On THIS Page

The square pins that fit tightly in a breadboard can either be from a "pin strip" that then goes to good quality female cables, or with typical ribbon cable that has male ends, like THESE

The jumpers that are widely available that have thinner round pins seem to be loose in most breadboards.

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop...

terryking228:
Good contact with breadboards needs square pins, in my opinion.

My concern is less the pins, but the cheap, too thin wire that won't crimp well and is not flexible enough.

I use preformed connectors. I got some also with an official Arduino kit. I find them reliable enough for bridges on a breadboard. My only complaint is that there are too many long connectors in the kit, which I never use because to bridge more that say 10 holes, I use square pin duPont male to male connectors.

Like about 99% of hobby electronic supplies, I guess these are of Chinese origin.

I like a brand called ELEGOO for board to Arduino connections.
For "intra-board" jumpering I use 24AWG solid-core wire and wire strippers. Actually, I also use nippy-cutters because they cut they wire better, not making a bend/hook at the wire end/s as cutting with strippers does. (The little hooks make placement, esp. removal, difficult.)

I think header pins are too big and will distort breadboard contacts which takes the pinch out of them.

Let's play "Spot The Dupont Cable"...

Hey PaulRB,

I've done stuff like that but nowhere as neat!

I was also trying "Spot the Bypass Capacitors" on those DIPs. But I failed... ??

terryking228:
. . .

I was also trying "Spot the Bypass Capacitors" on those DIPs. But I failed... ??

Look very carefully at the ends of the red wires to what looks like IC pin 16 on the power rail. There are some unidentifiable white blocks there.

It is very neat and probably very reliable but also quite time consuming to put together. In some cases, 1 dupont connector would have replaced 4 bridges on that board (say from pin10 of the IC nearest the MCU to the screen).

Yes, the blocks are 0.1uF, polystyrene, I think. I know ceramic are best, but they have always worked so far.

Time consuming, yes, but I think I get some of that time back debugging and checking circuits.