Good Home for spare parts;

Hey all, I've really been enjoying getting into the world of 'Duino! I've got one project down and parts for another are supposed to be on the way. I ordered an Uno Data Logging Shield, a DS18B20 waterproof module, a DS3231 RTC, a Geekreit ATmega328P Nano V3 (nano clone) and some 0.4mm solder. Unfortunately because I was trying to save money, I opted to try Banggood... after 18 days I'm wondering if the parts ever gonna show up.

While I wait, I'm reading up on projects, components, how they work, etc. almost every day, The more I learn the more I love it! I'd really like to get more projects going but due to my situation (Long story, My Mom's a Transplant Patient and AML Survivor, I stay with her to make sure she's alright but don't get paid as a caregiver) it'll be awhile before I can swing any more parts. Being into DIY-things myself, I know how parts can accumulate. I figured I've got nothing to lose, so I may as well try my luck and throw this out there:

If anyone happens to have some parts laying around that aren't doing anything, I could really use whatever I can get. I just started so I don't have much of anything, (I tried salvaging some Resistors, Caps, etc. from old boards, but the leads are so short so they're hard to work with.) I'd be able to pay for shipping as long as it isn't too much, I wish I could offer money for what I'm asking. To be honest I wouldn't blame anyone for ignoring this post... Things that I could use:

• Boards (Uno, nano, anything-o)
  • Resistors (any value)
  • Other commonly used passives (IE Capacitors)
  • Potentiometers
  • Screens (LCD or whatever ya got)
  • PCB/Stripboard/Solderable breadboard

- Solderless breadboard

I usually do what I can to avoid asking for help, which is one of my flaws... But as I thought about it I remembered when I was able to help other people that were just starting to get into gardening. I'm a part of another little online community, and I thought 'If someone needed something I've got extras of, like PVC fittings or Fertilizer, I'd be more than happy to help em out.'

If you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. If not, I still wish you the best. ~Saint

In Michigan kerb crawling (not that kind LOL) on re-cycle day often pays big dividends.

Printers, faxes, older computers, electronic toys, etc. tend to have the best selection of parts you would want in a scrap box.

A good selection of screwdrivers including TORX and some fine nosed pliers are generally sufficient to break things down.

Then separate into metal plastic etc and recycle the rest.

With printers it can be worth keeping the ink cartridge rail as they can make a good first CNC laser and even if its only a DC motor it will often swap out for a stepper motor (often found in faxes and large printers)

Older Keyboards and Mice tend to have some nice wire that's great for many projects.

Even some of the larger flatter plastic pieces can be very useful to cut down and make a front panel for a project.

ballscrewbob: In Michigan kerb crawling (not that kind LOL) on re-cycle day often pays big dividends.

My kinda guy. :)

Unfortunately I am not in Michigan :)

Though I was in near Jackson for a few days several years back - on a business trip.

...R

ballscrewbob: In Michigan kerb crawling (not that kind LOL) on re-cycle day often pays big dividends.

Printers, faxes, older computers, electronic toys, etc. tend to have the best selection of parts you would want in a scrap box.

A good selection of screwdrivers including TORX and some fine nosed pliers are generally sufficient to break things down.

Then separate into metal plastic etc and recycle the rest.

With printers it can be worth keeping the ink cartridge rail as they can make a good first CNC laser and even if its only a DC motor it will often swap out for a stepper motor (often found in faxes and large printers)

Older Keyboards and Mice tend to have some nice wire that's great for many projects.

Even some of the larger flatter plastic pieces can be very useful to cut down and make a front panel for a project.

For sure, I've been keeping my eye out when I take trash out (I live in a Mobile Home park with one garbage area) but haven't had much luck as of yet. Now that I think of it I've got one or two junk laptops but I'm not sure there'd be anything in there I could use. I'm assuming it's mostly SMD parts and everything is more than likely teensy and a PITA to work with.

Robin2: Unfortunately I am not in Michigan :)

Luckily, I am!